The idea of savoury churros intrigues me and after testing these 3 Cheese Keto Churros with Lemon and Lime Salt I am convinced that I can see a lot more in my lifetime!
My keto churros are like eating a cheese toastie in a deliciously crisp one handed treat. I am already coming up with so may ideas for future recipes to use the churro machine until it dies from over use. I should say here that if you do not have one, then either use a waffle maker, a frypan, or I think one of those flat toasted sandwich makers would work as well.
The recipe is in the most basic form here. If you want to add a dose of extra fat after cooking, fry them up a little butter and roll them in a salty dusting of micro-planed parmesan and extra salt. If you want some heat add some chilli. I mean the flavours are endless, garlic and cheese, vegemite and cheese, jalapeno and goat cheese, haloumi, cheese and spinach…. the list goes on!
It’s part of the Meal Plan
Included in the Week 2 Menu Plan these churros are a new fave on my list of weekly cooks. It is also worth making and freezing. These can easily be microwaved and given a little crispy fry up before serving.
Have you connect with us?
We have a great community on Facebook if you are looking for many like minded individuals to share your experiences or to ask for advice. Together we are all a lot stronger!
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves finely minced
Chipotle Avocado Dip
- 2 avocados mashed
- 1 tbsp chipotles in adobo
- 1/2 onion finely minced
- 1/2 tomato finely diced
- 1/2 fresh coriander leaves
- 1 egg per person
- Melt butter 3 minutes/80℃/speed 1
- Add rest of batter ingredients and mix 3 minutes/dough setting
- Preheat Churro Maker. Spray with olive oil spray and spoon in batter and cook until crisp. While churros are cooking prepare seasoning and dip
- Mix all seasonings together and reserve
- Mix all chipotle avocado dip together
- Fry off egg sunny side up or poach for dipping
- When Churros are cooked crisp season with lemon salt and serve with dipping egg and avocado mix.
If you love this recipe then please rate it or comment below so that others know that it is great one to make too.