Even just looking at my Aussie Keto Chilli Beef and you know you want to eat it! Rich, spiced, fresh and oh so tasty!
I love my chilli beef whether it is influenced by Mexican or Australian cuisine, any version is good with me. Its funny how much I love this considering that growing up I didn’t eat meat, in fact I hated it, especially mince. I should say that even now if someone was to give me mince as a meal without a truck load of seasoning I may not be as interested in it as this.
Mince is a great ingredient…
it’s so cheap
quick and easy
it is transformed with all the herbs and spices that you cook it with
This recipe can easily be substituted with any mince meat, or even a vegetarian mushroom version. It could also be used in a pie, pot pie, made into meatballs, or slow cooked burritos. I am sure you can help me come up with a few new ideas as well.
If you and the family love this recipe then let me know below in the comments and if you have a great variation then let us all know.
Have you connected with us yet?
Joins us in our AMAZING facebook community Mad Creations
And… if you love a good cookbook or 2 or 3 or….
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 50 g olive oil
- 50 g onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500 g beef mince
- 150 g bacon diced
- 1 tbsp Aussiemite
- 80 g tomato paste
- 40 g chipotles in adobo
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water or Bighead 0 carb beer
- Dry fry cayenne, cumin, coriander, paprike in a frypan over medium heat.
- Add oil, onion and garlic and fry until opaque.
- Add beef and bacon and cook until lightly golden.
- Reduce heat and add Aussiemite, tomato paste, chipotles, bone broth, tomatoes and water.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until mixture is thick and liquid has reduced by half.
- Serve with crumbled cheese, fresh coriander and waffle toasts