Bacon Poached Egg Keto Tomato Soup
We have a huge glut of tomatoes at the moment and I needed to use a lot of them quickly so soup it was! Without even thinking what I was doing I just started throwing things in a large saucepan and creating this recipe. It is totally awesome! Super easy, and really tasty.
If you have fresh home grown tomatoes, this soup will pack a lot more flavour. Otherwise you can use fresh or tinned, it’s up to you.
It is winter now in Australia and even just the idea of this delicious comforting soup makes me want to have it for lunch every day. I might even have to sneak in a little bit if spicy chilli. Mmmm Yum!
Join with us today
- 1.5 kg tomatoes fresh, roughly chopped
- 2 pinches sea salt flakes
- 120 g onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 170 g butter
- 380 g bacon diced
- 2 tsp vegetable stock i use vegeta
- 2 tsp Trocomare this is a seasoning salt available in the gluten-free section of most supermarkets
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 6 eggs
- 180 g gouda cheese diced
- 1/2 cup garlic chives
- Add tomatoes, onions, sea salt, and 120g of the butter to a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, while occasionally stirring.
- In another saucepan saute bacon in the remaining 50g butter.
- Add stock, pepper, basil, bay leaves, and water, to tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tomato mixture through a sieve, discarding solids and combine soup with bacon mixture.
- Bring soup back to a simmer, and poach eggs separately for 3 minutes.
- Remove egg carefully and add to your serving bowl then top with soup, gouda and cheese.
- Season to taste.