This Chicken Avocado Almond Salad made every week day for many years, in a cafe I ran many many years ago.
It was the Chicken No 3 on the menu board and was VERY popular!
The only changes I have made is ensure that I use a sugar free mayo, or make my own for the dressing.
Included in our up coming meal plans in 365, this a recipe that takes no time to make at all. I am definitely one for not having to spend too much time on anything we make in the kitchen. I think we can all appreciate spending less time at food prep that is for sure. If you are a fan of my Baja Chicken then this will probably be a new favourite for you.
This cold weather we are having at the moment makes me feel less like eating salads than at any other time of the year. Preparing a salad with some fresh baked protein helps to get the greens in and strike a bit of a balance. I have been making so many soups lately that this meal is a nice break and has actually inspired me to get back into some more salads.
I hope you love this recipe. Trust me back in the day, it was a massive seller!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 150 g chicken breast
- 1 tsp lemon pepper or fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1/4 avocado sliced thinly
- 25 g toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 30 g crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 small Lebanese cucumber deseeded and sliced thinly
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise sugar free
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 170 ℃
- Slice your chicken breast into even strips approximately 5 x 2 cm
- Season with lemon pepper and smoked paprika
- Spray with EVOO Spray
- Cook in oven for 12 minutes turning halfway, until cooked through
- Meanwhile, prepare your dressing
- Mix mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and mustard to make your dressing
- Serve chicken with salad, topped with toasted almonds, avocado and seeded mustard dressing
- Season to taste