This keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup is full of simple ingredients that deliver huge on flavour. An easy quick recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
I just love soup. What I love most is that you can easily make a meal out of very few ingredients or leftovers that need to be used up in the fridge.
My chicken pot pie soup is one of my very favourite keto soup recipes. Actually both Dave and I were kind of eating most of this soup as I was trying to photograph it. That is one way to know it is a winner!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Ingredients
No fancy ingredients needed here. I have simply use what I have handy.
- The flavours/seasonings – garlic, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne, and salt.
- The herbs – I use a couple of fresh bay leaves and some fresh continental parsley for when it is ready to serve.
- The vegetables – a standard mirepoix of onion, carrots and celery. Then I added some mushrooms for added flavour and fresh beans that go in last so they are still “kind of” crispy and lovely and green.
- The fats and protein – butter, cream, bone broth and diced chicken breast. Nothing to exotic going on in my delicious keto take on a chicken pot pie soup.
Pot Pie Soup – Cooked 2 ways
For our Thermomix® recipe users I have included (and tested) this soup in the Thermomix. Personally I loved my pot pie soup vegetables still with a little bite in each spoonful. If you like your vegetables really soft then just increase the cooking times. This recipe could also easily be done as an Instant Pot recipe or any slow cooker or pressure cooker. This is actually one keto soup recipe that doesn’t take long to go from ingredients to cooked and served.
With a few simple changes you can make variations of this soup easily.
- Dairy-free pot pie soup recipe – simple swap the butter for olive oil and the cream for coconut cream. Coconut cream and chicken is a match made in heaven. Even consider adding a little kaffir lime leaves when cooking and a little coriander oil to serve.
- Vegetarian pot pie soup recipe – swap the broth for a vegetable broth and the chicken for some cauliflower, broccoli, diced pumpkin, or eggplant. Add more vegetables if preferred. I really like the idea of making this with diced pumpkin. Seriously delicious!
- This soup would also work well with leftover rotisserie chicken or even firm fish, clams, prawns, or lobster for a pescetarian version.
However you choose to cook or enjoy your keto pot pie recipe I know you will love it. Healthy home style cooking at its best!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Love soup as much as me and want more?
Here are just a few of our delicious keto soup recipes.
- Thrifty Keto Chicken Soup
- Keto Minestrone Soup
- Bacon Poached Egg Tomato Soup
- Smokey Mexican Keto Chicken Taco Soup
- 15 g butter
- 1 clove garlic finely, minced
- 20 g onion finely diced
- 30 g carrot finely diced
- 35 g celery finely diced
- 50 g mushrooms halved and sliced
- 250 g chicken breasts diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 20 g green beans chopped
- 3/4 cup thickened or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Season chicken with salt, peppers and cayenne. Cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Add bone broth and bay leaves to heat and bring to a simmer. Add chicken and vegetables back to pan, along with beans and cream. Cook until reduced to your preference.
- Stir through parsley to serve.
- Melt butter over 2 minutes/90℃/stir.
- Add garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes/90℃/reverse/stir. Remove from bowl and reserve.
- Season chicken with salt, peppers and cayenne. Cook 3 minutes/90℃/reverse/stir. Remove from bowl and reserve.
- Add bone broth, bay leaves and vegetables to bowl and heat 4 minutes/100℃/stir.
- Add all ingredients, except parsley into bowl and cook for further 6 minutes/80℃/reverse/stir/MC off.
- Stir through parsley to serve.
- Recipe is suitable to double or make in larger batches.
- Soup can be stored in fridge for up to 4 days or frozen up to 1 month.
- Can be made with chicken thigh fillets.
- For a dairy free keto chicken pot pie soup substitute coconut cream.
- For a vegetarian pot pie soup substitute cauliflower and broccoli instead of chicken.
Check out all our ketogenic diet cookbooks in store today https://lowcarbmixers.myshopify.com