This Creamy Keto Lemon Chicken Piccata was the very first recipe I knew I was going to include in the very first Keto meal plan.
Can I just say this lemon chicken piccata is pretty easy to make, and taste oh-so-amazing! You will not believe how much flavour this recipe packs until you make it and want to dive in there.
I have included both methods for you to do this, and of course if you wanted to steam the chicken you could do that too, but the baking, in my opinion, adds another level of flavour and texture.
I am always in the lookout for super simple recipes that are full of flavour. The lemon chicken piccata is fabulous as it does deliver on ease and a whole lot of flavour
Lemon Chicken Piccata Variations
Who loves seafood? Salmon and any white firm fish fillet works really well with the lemon piccata recipe. Have a play with your own versions and let me know what you have come up with. I am always looking for something new to try.
Lemon Chicken Piccata can be made with any part of the chicken or even a whole chicken broken down and cooked in a large baking tray would make for the perfect Lemon Chicken Piccata bake. Personally I love the thighs in the oven when they get that bit of a crispiness about them turns them into one of my favourite ingredients, if you haven’t noticed!
What are the Keto Plan Challenges?
Basically I just want to call them a Keto Plan, I hate “challenge” as it makes this way of eating sound like “diet” that is just for weight loss. The Keto Plan will be a regular ongoing weekly plan for Keto Club Annual Members or will be available next month for a $39.97 monthly fee. You can do one, two, three, but the value is annual membership. It will not only include the recipes, and plan but also a weekly support program.
If you are interested in out current Keto Club it is available at a low price for a limited time, and not only does it include all THIS but you also get to join our awesome closed Members Only Community Facebook Group that is just awesome!
You can join the club on this site or if you are wanting to secure the offer with Afterpay you will need to head to our Shopify Store.
If you have any questions please comment below, otherwise use any of the share buttons to save this recipe to your favourite source.
* I would also like to thank the stunning efforts of Christine Ladewig and Liza Marsh for their stunning photography of the Chicken Piccata.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 6 chicken thigh fillets or 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 150 g butter
- 50 g olive oil
- 100 g lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 80 g capers
- 300 g chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves fresh chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Prepare baking tray with baking paper.
- Place thicken thighs or breast on baking tray and season with garlic and onion powders.
- Cook in oven 15 minutes, turning half way through.
- Meanwhile while the chicken is cooking start your sauce
- Add half the butter and oil and cook 4 minutes/98℃/speed 1.
- Add lemon juice, capers, and stock. Cook 5 minutes/98℃/speed 1.
- Add other half of butter, xathan, and chicken. Cook 5 minutes/98℃/reverse/stir.
- Serve with fresh parsley over chicken and a mixed greens
- To large frypan add half the butter and oil and fry until starts to foam.
- Add lemon juice, capers, and stock. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add other half of butter, xanthan, and chicken. Simmer 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve with fresh parsley over chicken and a mixed greens.