This Creamy Mango Macaroon Cheesecake recipe is a mixture of many great tasting recipes I have made or experienced over my years.
With influence from Nigellas, and Jens, Slut Red Raspberries, Kerrie’s Passionfruit Condensed Milk cheesecakes, to my mums coconut macaroons in the 70s.
It’s light fluffy, and very Aussie with the flavours I chose. Mangoes are in season, as are the berries so why not! I have made the addition of the Canton Ginger Liqueur, you can choose to use it or another, or leave out completely.
I think it really adds to the taste of this incredibly light, fluffy 4 layer cheesecake.
Definitely a good one for the Christmas table
I hope you enjoy this recipe
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
Boozy Ginger and Mango Layer Cheesecake
- Macaroon Base
- 4 egg whites no egg yolk at all
- 25 g white sugar
- 150 g moist coconut flakes
- 350 g cream cheese
- 60 ml Canton Ginger liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 460 g thickened cream
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 titanium gelatin leaf
- 2 gold gelatin leaves
- 2 mangoes mashed
Boozey Mango Jel
- 1 packet mango jelly crystals
- 50 ml Canton Ginger liqueur
- Mixed berries mango, toasted coconut, ginger and mango macarons
- This recipe is best started a day ahead
- Prepare springform cake tin with canola spray
- Preheat oven 160℃
- Insert butterfly into Thermomix
- Add egg whites and sugar
- Mix 4 minutes / 37℃/ speed 4
- Add coconut stir through
- Press into bottom of springform
- Cook 20 minutes until golden
- Allow to cool
- Insert butterfly
- Add chopped cream cheese, vanilla paste, 30ml Canton liqueur
- Mix 1 minute / speed 2 gradually up to speed 4
- Remove from bowl, and add to large glass bowl
- Add butterfly attachment to Thermomix
- Pour in cream and sugar
- Now I mixed this with MC off speed 4, and I just watched through the lid to see when it thickened. I was scared of over whipping. It comes up thick and creamy and looks amazing
- Prepare gelatin leaves in cold water until softened then add to reserved 30ml of Canton.
- Microwave 10 seconds, stir to dissolve
- Add mango pulp, and cream cheese, to cream mix, still with Butterfly attachment on
- Blend 10 sec/speed 3, MC off and pour in gelatin liqueur mix while blending
- Stir through with spatula, and add to macaroon base
- Refrigerate until set. Minimum 3 hours.
- Prepare your jelly as per instructions on packet, if adding the ginger liqueur just add 20 ml less cold water to the jelly, and add your alcohol
- Leave jelly to cool for half an hour at room temperature
- While jelly is cooling, place your fruit in your own creative design over the top of the cheesecake
- When jelly is a little cooled pour very delicately, only half the mixture over the top of the cheesecake, then refrigerate for half an hour.
- When the jelly has started to set on the cheesecake, pour the rest of the jelly over the top of the cheesecake. This is done in 2 steps, so that your fruit stays where it is and doesn't float around.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Garnish with macarons.
If you love this cheesecake you might love this one too Layered Lemon