Custard Keto Donuts were made with a friend and tester/editor Sue Kleidon constantly begging me for custard! So I made the custard stuffed into a donut and bliss was created.
I just had a little vision of these little filled custard keto donuts in my head that I just had to create. I will be doing some alternative versions tomorrow as I have kept some plain just for a couple of variants.
These are surprising like a real donut, and you would never know you weren’t eating a fried one as well.
This recipe is really an adaptation of the Spiced Donut just a custard filled one.
How to fill your custard keto donut
Whether you make these donuts with a donut pan or just make them in a cupcake tray the easiest way to get that custard inside is with a piping bag.
Simply fit your piping bag with a thin tip nozzle, fill with custard and just poke the very tip of the nozzle into the donut and pipe a small amount in 3 – 4 sections of the donut. Don’t pipe too much into the donut or it will split.
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- Add sweetener to a food processor and blend until powdered. Reserve.
- Add cream and vanilla to a small saucepan. Whisking mixture over medium heat until a low simmer and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, sweetener, xanthan, and gelatin. Whisk through cream mix and return to heat and continue whisking until custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add sweetener and xanthan to mixer
- Blend 10 seconds / speed 10
- Add eggs, cream, vanilla and gelatin. Insert Butterfly.
- Cook 9 minutes / 90℃ / speed 4
- Put into bowl and cool
- Pipe into cooked donuts, as per Spiced Donut instructions, pipe the cooled custard.