Don’t these double chocolate Jaffa keto brownies just sound like the best thing ever?
WellI will say they pretty much nearly are! These are so good, and trust me you won’t be feeling like you are missing out AT ALL!
The addition of gelatin and collagen gives these brownies a really lovely chew, and nice crispy outer coating. These very special, and need to be shared. Haha!
I have been using a fair bit of collagen and gelatin in my cooking lately. I have been trying to slip it in where I can as it is so great for hair, nails and skin.
What is Collagen?
You will see that I have used Nutraorganics Collagen in this recipe. I have added collagen for many health benefits but also to give a little bit of chew and bounce to these muffins.
Collagen is fabulous for overall health it is proven to help
- joint pain
- reduce hair loss
- strengthen nails
- improve metabolism
- prevent skin dryness and wrinkles
- improve muscle mass
- decrease bone degeneration
- help leaky gut
- protect cardiovascular health
- benefit liver health and function
These are easily changed to whatever flavour you want. Another easy swap would be some flavoured collagen or protein powders added as well as extracts, rinds, chocolate varieties *(the Vitawerx white chocolate would be amazing!)
Dairy FREE/and or Nut FREE
For an easy dairy free version swap out butter for coconut oil. It is that easy. I have used dairy free chocolate in the recipe and there are several low carb options in dairy free chocolates available. The Little Zebra Chocolate Buds are available from Low Carb Emporium
For nut free Tahini would work well.
I also have a couple of variations on this recipe. One is the brookies (yet to be published) and the other Raspberry Chocolate Muffins which are equally delicious and amazingly compliant!
Lastly, if you haven’t already taken advantage of my HUGE EOFY SALE then CLICK HERE with all books and eBook at 50-65% off this is one keto sale you do not want to miss. All my hard copy. titles are limited prints with vastly depleting stock. It has been an AMAZING sale, with 1000s of copies sold, so THANK YOU to all of you who continue to support my little business.
- 315 g nut butter I use Almond Butter
- 140 g erythritol
- 2 eggs
- 30 g unsweetened cocoa or cacao
- 55 g raspberries
- 25 g butter
- 50 g Nutraorganics Collagen Beauty Powder I use Nutraorganics
- 30 g gelatin I use Great Lakes Beef Gelatin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 12 drops of Wild Orange essential oil or any extract you choose
- 10 g baking powder
- 60 g sugar free dark chocolate chopped. I use Well Naturally
- 50 g crushed walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a a brownie baking tin with baking paper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate for 45 seconds/speed 5
- Stir through chocolate chunks
- Spoon mixture into baking tin
- Cook 15 - 20 minutes or until slightly firm around the edges. This brownie will continue to firm and harden once out of the oven.
- Serve as is or top with chocolate ganache or Fat Ice