Egg Fast Banana Buttercream Roulade is my little twist on having something sweet while on an egg fast!
It is amazing how many things you make with a bit of cream cheese and eggs! Just add a few different spices for sweet or savoury, cook higher or lower in temperature brings off a different result.
I used some banana extract in this purely because I had some in the cupboard and it was the first thing I looked at. My first idea was to use a concentrate of apple tea and cinnamon and make like a tea cake roulade. There is an idea for another day, another egg fast.
I am on another Egg Fast and I have lost 600g in Day 1, so lets hope the roulade and waffles today have helped me lose a little more. I am getting close to hitting a new milestone so I am super keen for this fast to get me there.
Tomorrow I think it is going to be a more eggy and less cheesy day! Let’s see! Stay tuned for another post tomorrow and Pin or Yum below and drop me what you think of this little mix!
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 75 g butter
- 65 g mascarpone
- 10 g sweetener
- 1/2 tsp banana extract you could change this for coffee, cinnamon, lemon or any extract you wish
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Prepare a 35 x 25cm glass or silicone baking tray with olive oil spray.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix 15 seconds / speed 5 or until smooth (sometimes cream cheese is a bit hard)
- Pour mix into prepares baking tray and cook for 20 minutes or until lightly firm and cooked through.
- While the roulade is cooking prepare the buttercream.
- Place all Buttercream ingredients into bowl and mix 15 seconds/speed 4. Scrape bowl and repeat until you have a light fluffy blend.
- Remove roulade from oven when cooked through with a lightly golden speckles on the top.
- Cover the roulad with a piece of baking paper the same size, and roll gently into a roll with baking paper inside roll. Leave to cool on workbench or thermomat for 1/2 hour.
- Spread with banana filling and roll.
- Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours