Fast & Fresh Summer Tomato Soup was featured first in the Fast & Fresh eBook. A truly deliciously light and fragrant soup.
I made this tomato soup out of pure hankering to create a light flavour packed soup with our most insanely tasty homegrown tomatoes. How beautiful does it look?
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 1 garlic clove
- 60 g onion
- 25 g olive oil
- 400 g fresh tomato I used Rapunzel
- 1 cup stock I used vegetable stock
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- cherry tomatoes halved
- fresh basil
- Persian feta
- sea salt
- Basil oil
- Add garlic and onion to bowl and blitz 3 seconds / speed 6
- Add oil, tomato, stock, bay leaf, thyme sprigs and vinegar, and cook 20 minutes / 90℃ / speed 1. Once cooked blend 10 seconds /speed 3.
- Add oil to saucepan over medium heat.Chop garlic and onion finely and add to heated oil. Saute for 2 – 3 minutes until opaque then add rest of ingredients, reduce heat and cook for further 15 – 20 minutes. Transfer soup to blender and carefully blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve, discarding solids. Season with sea salt, to taste. Serve in bowl with fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and feta, and a drizzle of basil oil.
All the tomatoes you see are some of our rainbow of tastiness. Dave was totally in the tomato growing mode and we grew so many. It was just fabulous to have such a huge haul that we were able to give tomato gift boxes to our neighbours, family and friends.
I truly hope you love this soup as much as I do. It is super “duper” tasty!
Have you connected with us yet? We have such a great community.
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify