This Green Curry Paste is a fabulously easy recipe, that you can add more ingredients to make your own signature green curry blend.
Once you have made it, you can store it in the fridge for up to 3 months. If you don’t think you will use it all by then, then simply pour it into a ice cube tray, and freeze, then pop your frozen cubes in a ziplock bag and blitz a cube or two when you want to make a curry.
So easy, so tasty, and so much cheaper than buying a green curry paste from the super market and you know what is in it!
HOW TO MAKE GREEN CURRY PASTE
Making a green curry paste isn’t rocket science that is for sure. It is simply done in 3 easy steps.
- Dry fry the spices so you release the oil and fragrance
- Add remaining ingredients and blend or pound in a mortar and pestle until you have a smooth paste.
- Use in your favourite recipes.
Looking for a few new favourite Asian recipes?
Try some of my best recipes.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Green Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns whole
- 8 green chillies green
- 2 golden shallots coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 1/2 lime juice
- 2 fresh coriander with root
- 2 kaffir lime leaves if you dont have it, dont worry
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 - inch galangal peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 lemon grass white part only, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- Dry fry coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns until fragrant
- Add all ingredients to blender or large mortar and blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Cook coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns 2 minutes/90℃/stir
- Add remainder of ingredients and blitz 10/seconds/speed 10. Use as per recipe required.