My Sugar Free Keto Anzac Biscuits are a nice tribute to our Anzacs.
Traditionally made a truck load of sugar along with oats and flour. This keto Anzac recipe is just a slightly different version so we can all enjoy a little treat along with our family and friends. If you don’t tell them these keto Anzac biscuits are sugar and grain free they may never even know. God I love the ketogenic lifestyle!
How to bake Keto Anzac Biscuits
I find using the Sukrin products you get a good consistency for the cookie and despite what you may think is a lot of sweetener in these cookies, they are not particularly sweet. That is why I have given you the option of adding just a little cinnamon. While cinnamon is not sweet it enhances the natural sweetness in baked goods like these cookies.
This recipe is pretty much a mix it all together type of recipe. Just allow plenty of time for cooling on trays as it takes time for them to firm up.
I would love to see a lot of testers trying them out and letting me know what you think and if you have come up with some other versions. I am going to do another crisp version as well but maybe not the way everyone will think of. If I get what I am thinking to work I will be pretty excited.
I hope you love them. Let me know how you go below or if you have tried them with other ingredients, or tried the crispy version.
- 130 g butter
- 50 g Sukrin Gold Fiber Syrup Click link for only Aussie supplier
- 25 g water
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 60 g flaked almond
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 30 g shredded coconut
- 50 g hemp seeds
- 100 g almond meal (for crispy version add an extra 40g almond meal)
- 60 g Sukrin Gold Granular Sweetener
- 90 g Sukrin White Granular Sweetener 1:1
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (omit if making crispy)
- 15 g beef gelatin I use Great Lakes
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon this is not traditional but adds a nice bit of spice
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Prepare 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter, Sukrin Fibre Syrup and water to bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Fold through remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop 35 g of mix onto prepared baking trays, roll between hands and then flatten slightly. Leave plenty of room between each biscuit as the mixture will spread. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool on trays for 5 minutes before lifting onto cooling trays and let cool and set for 1- 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Prepare large baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter, Sukrin Fibre Syrup and water to bowl and cook 2 minutes/90℃/speed 1
- Combine rest of ingredients 15 seconds/speed 4. Follow from step 4 above
You can check out all our ketogenic diet cookbooks in store at https://lowcarbmixers.myshopify.com