So these Mad Creations Ketogenic Baked Broccoli Tots are really yummy. So much more tasty than you will ever think without trying them!
You do know you are eating broccoli, so if you are not a fan don’t go there, although you could try my suggestion down the bottom, with the cream cheese and bacon in them, mmm, now, that would be delectable.
Great for the lunch boxes, or for that good snack in the fridge.
Tots can be eaten all day every day.
If you like these you can try the cauli-tots found in the Real Food Real Fast book
Have you connected with us yet?
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1 tsp psyllium husks
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 pinches pink Himalayan salt
- pepper to taste
- Optional lard or oil if you want to fry
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Line baking tray with non stock baking paper
- Pour 500 gm water into Mixer or blender
- Place florets into rice basket
- Cook 10 minutes / Varoma / speed 2 (or steam in steamer)
- Take out of bowl when done, tip out water, and add broccoli to mixer or blender
- Blitz 5 seconds / speed 5
- Empty into large bowl and add rest of ingredients
- Stir with spoon until well mixed
- Squeeze and roll 12 x 30g balls
- After you roll them squeeze them slightly into tot shape between the gap between your thumb and index finger. I find this the easiest way.
- Place into the oven, and cook 10 minutes, flip gently and a further 10 minutes on the other side, until nicely golden.
- I have included the option to fry these to up the fat. That is a choice you can make, but could make them more delicious and quick to prepareIf you are not afraid of a bit of crunch these would be great with some chopped almonds in them too.
- They would also be amazing with a some cream cheese and bacon in them or for a dip. Oh my.
- Endless variances.....