These cauliflower burger buns had been made grain free because that is how I roll. Even if you eat everything you will still love these buns with this burger, more than a standard bun.
These buns are incredibly easy to make, as well as incredibly tasty. Make sure you make our version of a Big Mac in the Cauli-clubhouse Burger
I am not a huge cauliflower fan mixing it in everything I eat, so if you are a bit scared of the flavour being strong, I can tell you, you won’t even notice.
Plus you get to add whatever your favourite spices or herbs to flavour them more.
This recipe is also included as a toast option in many of our meal plans in 365 with the following serving suggestions.
Top 1 bun with 1/2 avocado and season with salt and pepper
Top 1 bun with a fried egg, baby spinach and sliced tomato
Truthfully, these toasts are so versatile you could serve them in so many ways.
Originally featured on fatsexythermo it came about as an LCHF conversion of an original recipe of mine called The Big Sexy, which was just my homemade version of the Big Mac burger
For all recipe books and conversation on recipes and all things Keto join our Fb Group lowcarbmixers
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to pin me so you can find me easily later.
Have you connected with us?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 270 g riced cauliflower
- 35 g grated parmesan
- 55 g grated monterey jack or any cheese you like
- 20 g lupin flakes for grain free substitute almond flour
- 20 g coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp dulse seaweed powder if you don't have it don't fret, add your favourite seasoning
- 1 tsp dried chopped chives
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200℃
- Add all ingredients to the mixer, or food processor
- Mix 10 seconds / speed 3
- Tip into large glass bowl and check for even mixing
- Use large pasty cutting rings or extra large deep egg rings for moulding
- On a baking paper covered sheet pan, start making your buns
- I used 2 heaped dessert spoons of mixture in each large ring, when I pressed it into the ring firmly with the back of the spoon it came half way up the ring
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Reduce oven temperature to 180℃
- Cook in middle tray for approximately 20 - 25 minutes
- Remove when golden and slightly crispy on the outside