These keto cauliflower burger buns had been made grain free because that is how I roll. Even if you eat everything you will still love these buns with this burger, more than a standard bun.
These buns are incredibly easy to make, as well as incredibly tasty. Make sure you make our version of a Big Mac in the Cauli-clubhouse Burger
I am not a huge cauliflower fan mixing it in everything I eat, so if you are a bit scared of the flavour being strong, I can tell you, you won’t even notice.
Cauliflower Burger Bun Serving Suggestions
This recipe is also included as a toast option in many of our meal plans in 365 with the following serving suggestions.
Top 1 bun with 1/2 avocado and season with salt and pepper
Top 1 bun with a fried egg, baby spinach and sliced tomato
Toast and adda slather of butter and Vegemite. Yummo.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CAULIFLOWER BUNS
- How to make Cauliflower Rice – cauliflower rice can easily be made in any food processor or Thermomix® with a short 5-10 second blitz until the cauliflower resembles rice. I use just a short 5 seconds/speed 7 in the Thermomix® but using a turbo or pulse action on a food processor will also do the job.
- I have used Lupin Flakes and Monterey Jack cheese in this recipe but you can substitute almond or pepita meal (if you prefer) for the lupin flakes, and any cheese you like. It will not affect the flavour of the cauliflower buns. Lupin Flakes are great to use for any gluten free recipes, or ketogenic diet recipes as they are completely gluten free, and a high form of plant based protein.
- Making the burger shape – I use a large oversized egg ring. You could also use a pie top pastry cutter or free form with your hands. These keto cauliflower burger buns can also be frozen before or after cooking. Simply place on a tray in a single layer to freeze then move to a ziplock bag for easy use when you want them.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox
- 270 g riced cauliflower
- 35 g grated parmesan
- 55 g grated monterey jack or any cheese you like
- 20 g lupin flakes for grain free substitute almond flour
- 20 g coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp dulse seaweed powder if you don't have it don't fret, add your favourite seasoning
- 1 tsp dried chopped chives
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200℃
- Add all ingredients to the mixer, or food processor
- Mix 10 seconds / speed 3
- Tip into large glass bowl and check for even mixing
- Use large pasty cutting rings or extra large deep egg rings for moulding
- On a baking paper covered sheet pan, start making your buns
- I used 2 heaped dessert spoons of mixture in each large ring, when I pressed it into the ring firmly with the back of the spoon it came half way up the ring
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Reduce oven temperature to 180℃
- Cook in middle tray for approximately 20 - 25 minutes
- Remove when golden and slightly crispy on the outside
For more ketogenic recipes and cookbooks visit our store