Christmas Keto Rum Balls…..Oh my goodness! I really didn’t ever make Rum Balls before to be honest, and I had to research what was in them.
Funnily enough when I checked them out, I was totally turned off, but then I made these…. These are most certainly not just something you want to make around Christmas time. These are great any time of year!
As a secret guilty (or not so guilty) pleasure I like to eat mine from the freezer. They last waaay longer and can be savoured with my usual black coffee.
So how did I create these Keto Rum Balls?
I simply added my bowl atop a set of digital scales and started adding raw ingredients that I thought would taste good together, then mixed them, tasted and adjusted. The raw mixture was amazing and then I thought how to take it to the next level?
Chocolate and freeze dried raspberries.
Seriously you could reinvent this recipe a million times over. Add different alcohol..whooops! I used Brandy instead of rum. Use some hemp seeds or lupin flakes to add that extra crunch and health benefits.
Please don’t feel you have to have freeze dried raspberry flakes or anything special to recreate these. Have them unadorned or simple use coconut or nuts, they will still be more than amazing.
Love these Keto Rum Balls and STILL looking for more Christmas recipes?
If you want more recipes then you need to check out this little line up for this years Christmas table.
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut You could substitute some hemp seeds for crunch
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp chocolate stevia or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 60 ml Rum I used Brandy (quite simply because i wasn't thinking and thought it was rum "doh" but it tasted amazing!
- 100 g 85% cocoa dark chocolate I use sugar free
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- extra coconut for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- Add all ball ingredients together in bowl or TM
- Mix together (TM- 10 seconds / speed 4)
- Roll into 18-20 balls
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave for 50 seconds
- Drop each ball into chocolate separately, coat and remove with 2 forks
- Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries and coconut and refrigerate until set.
- So amazingly tasty!
- This recipe is suitable to freeze.
- Store Rum Balls in fridge for a nice firm consistency.
- Alcohol can be added or left out. I particularly like mine with brandy instead of rum.