This creme fraiche ice cream has a beautiful lightness and just the perfect bit of twang to it. A truly refreshing ice cream.
When I came up with this recipe I was looking for a flavour that was delicate enough to enjoy on its own or simple enough to be able to enjoy a topping or two on it.
The ice cream is lusciously soft and creamy. I use vegetable glycerine in my ice creams as it really helps to continue to keep the ice cream soft and creamy even when it isn’t consumed over the first day or two. With just a few teaspoons it makes such a difference.
This is probably one of my favourite ice cream recipes I make. Just because it is so simple and so bloody fabulous.
I hope you enjoy the recipe too
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books in our store Shopify
A simple yet beautifully tangy ice cream that everyone will love.
- 600 ml crème fraiche
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 35 g sweetener of choice I used Xylitol
- zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Optional vegetable glycerine this helps to keep a softer serve
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour into a container and freeze for minimum 2 hours or until firm.