Let’s just begin by saying I am seriously putting up my hands to say this Sichuan Beef has to be one of the tastiest meals I have ever tasted!
Two of the funniest things about that are, firstly I am not a huge “steak” consumer because I am not exactly the biggest fan of beef. So for me to rate this so highly is just a huge surprise to me.
The second reason I find this a funny moment of blogging a recipe is the fact that I actually wrote this recipe more than 12 months ago, without any testing just a simple style sauce that I thought would work with some thin slivers of beef and vegetables. I seriously cannot believe that I have been sitting on this recipe all this time and it tastes so amazeballs!
Sichuan Beef Origin
Sichuan cuisine, Szechwan cuisine, or Szechuan cuisine originates from the Sichuan Province in China. It is basically hot fiery pungent and bold flavours including ingredients like garlic and chilli. This Sichuan Beef gets the hit of chilli and spice from fresh chilli, sriracha, white pepper and a wee bit of garlic. The use of butter and a mild fusion of nut butter, sesame oil, five spice and tamari help create the umaminess of hoisin or oyster sauce in this recipe.
How good can Sichuan Beef be?
Today I made this Sichuan beef recipe when a friend and fellow keto follower popped around for a quick bite on a busy day. Seeing her take her first mouthful, then groan, close her eyes and drop her shoulders instantly made me break out my fork to test this most photogenic dish. I fell in love! Not with Kris but with the plateful of food.
Now I am kind of in trouble as Dave is home and there is none left for him. haha! Oh well I do have some very delicious soup in the fridge for dinner tonight.
I would totally love to hear what you think of this Sichuan beef recipe. All the ingredients are easy to source and this was cooked with no marinating or fancy cooking methods. It is just quick nourishing and bloody delicious!
Order your copy of Mad Creations cookbooks here>>
Love a little Sichuan and all things Keto? Get more from us today!
If you are just starting out Keto and would like to eat meals like this as part of a plan then maybe interested in checking out our 365 Club with weekly meal plans, and over 200+ recipes for you to draw from all including macros.
Plus we have our fabulous books and a even a freebie of all our Fan Faves for all subscribers if you are keen on free stuff and tasty keto recipes straight to your mailbox
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp long red chilli halved and sliced
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 20 ml soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 300 g grass fed scotch fillet sliced thinly
- 1/4 small onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 green capsicum sliced into strips
- 4 broccolini florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp nut butter
- 20 g butter
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp tamari gluten free
- 2 tbsp Shoaxing wine this is non alcoholic and found in the Asian section at most supermarkets
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup bean shoots
- 1 tsp toasted flaked almonds
- 1 tsp sliced spring onions
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Place, garlic, ginger, white pepper, aminos and chilli into a small bowl with thinly sliced beef. Coat beef in seasoning.
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp sesame oil into high heat wok or frypan
- Sauté onion, capsicum and broccoli flipping mix for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from wok into bowl and reserve
- Add remaining oils, butter, nut butter and five-spice to wok
- Add the beef strips and sauté stirring for 1-2 minutes
- Add your vegetables back to the pan, along with Shaoxing, tamari and sriracha
- Heat through add bean sprouts and sesame seeds and stir through before removing from heat
- Serve in bowl topped with toasted flaked almonds and sliced spring onions