My Keto Sweet and Sour Pork recipe is the total bomb! I have a feeling this very simple sweet and sour recipe will very quickly become a firm favourite in many households.
I am working on a lot of new recipes at the moment I have to say that Asian ketogenic recipes are high on my list. Why? Because it is simply what I want to eat. haha! The best way to get recipes for the site is to listen to my inner foodie asking for different cuisines.
Prior to going keto Sweet and Sour Pork was a favourite whenever I got takeout Chinese. Sticky flavoursome and tender pork was always a winner in my opinion. So I definitely had to come up with an easy sweet and sour recipe that fits in with my low carb lifestyle.
HOW TO PREPARE SWEET AND SOUR PORK
The only part of this recipe that takes any real time is marinating the pork. Choose to marinate just for an hour or overnight the choice is yours. The longer you marinate the more flavoursome the pork.
After the pork has marinated you can simply toss each piece of pork in the coating and pop straight into hot oil and deep fry.
Work in batches so that you don’t over-crowd the pan. Try not to sample too much while frying. haha!
While the pork is draining on some paper towel whip up the very delicious and easy Sugar Free Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Toss the pork in the sauce and serve.
This is a very filling meal, so don’t be surprised if you can’t finish a serve. This has to be the best keto sweet and sour pork recipe ever.
A totally delicious Chinese Sweet and Sour Pork recipe without pineapple or cornstarch and it is perfect. I can honestly say I never feel like I am missing out on the ketogenic diet. I simply just recreate any of my old favourites with ingredients that are lower in carbohydrates and do not contain sugar. #easy
Love Asian Dishes and want a few more to try?
- Keto Sichuan Beef and Broccoli
- Chicken Pad See Ew
- Sticky Asian Beef Ribs
- Saffron Chicken Korma
- Butter Chicken
Join us on our growing Facebook Community and our Keto Life 4 Week Challenge starting April 1st.
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice, or ginger paste
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 500 g pork scotch cut into 3 cm cubes
- Cauliflower rice, to serve
- 1 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Combine five-spice, soy sauce, ginger juice, egg in a non-reactive bowl. Add pork and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil over high heat.
- Combine flours in a bowl, add and toss to coat.
- Dust pork with flour and fry in batches until lightly golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- In a separate pan heat Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Toss pork in sauce and serve with cauliflower rice, fresh spring onions and sesame seeds.
Check out all 18 ketogenic recipe books we have in store at https://lowcarbmixers.myshopify.com