I love making everything keto and this Pad See Ew is no exception, in fact it is DEEElicious!
I need to thank Joanne Robinson and Michelle Gae for suggesting it on a Facebook Post, I took on the challenge and I think I have delivered on a really tasty Pad See Ew.
As you may know I am totally loving making recipes that are super fast to prepare and deliver big time on flavour. This recipe delivers in all areas! trust me I am already planning new versions of this recipe!
Keto under 5g
This recipe weighs in at a tiny 4g net carbs per serve which is extraordinary of you consider what the traditional recipe would deliver. I am really excited to be releasing my new Mad Creations Points System very soon to the website as well as being part of my new book Keto Eats. Basically I am setting up that you will be able to easily be able to access all recipes under their net carb amount so you can easily piece together your meal plans to your own carb requirements. How exciting is that?
I hope you enjoy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 150 g chicken thigh cut into strips
- 80 g konjak or shirataki noodles rinsed and drained on paper towel
- 1/2 cup Chinese broccoli gai lan, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or GF tamari
- 2 tsp Aussiemite or Vegemite
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 tsp chillies finely sliced
- 1 tsp spring onions chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp crushed pork rinds I use Poppa Porkys
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok (or frying pan) over medium heat. When oil is hot fry garlic for about 10 seconds before adding chicken
- Stir fry for 4 - 5 minutes tossing chicken. If the chicken is releasing a lot of moisture, pour off the juices add the extra 2 tbsp of oil and cook chicken until it is slightly brown.
- Add coconut aminos/tamari and Vegemite and cook for further 2 minutes
- Turn heat down add noodles, 1 tsp of chillies and gai lan
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes stirring.
- Move meat and noodles to one side of pan turn up heat to medium-high and add egg
- When egg is scrambled mix through noodles and chicken and cook 1-2 minutes to give a little char to the ingredients.
- Toss in chillies, spring onions, and vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
- While traditionally made with wide rice stick noodles I have substituted for negligible carb konjak noodles.
- Soy and oyster sauces have been replaced with much lower substitutes or healthier options of coconut aminos and Aussie mite.
- Chinese broccoli can be substituted for any green vegetable like buk choy, broccoli, what ever you so choose
- This recipe has been included on our 365 meal plan rotation.