My LCM Signature Spice is one of most used spice blends in the pantry.
Making your own spice blends is not only fun but can save you a lot of money. Some of the blends you buy are higher in price, and not necessary when most of us have most of the basics in our spice racks.
This blend is not “hot” it has a fragrant smokey taste, and it is my “go to” for most of my cooking.
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to pin me so you can find me easily later.
Have you connected with us?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 15 g onion powder
- 15 g garlic powder
- 15 g smokey paprika
- 30 g cumin seeds
- 30 g Mexican oregano yes it is different than mediterranean oregano, but you can use regular
- 15 g coriander seeds
- 15 g mustard powder
- 30 g Crio Bru this is optional. It gives it a nice choc/cafe kind of flavour
- 15 g smoked sea salt
- 2 dried ancho chilli
- Add coriander and cumin seed and anchos to mixer
- Cook 2 minutes / 80℃ / stir
- Add rest of ingredients and blend 15 seconds / speed 10
- Store in airtight jar for up to 3 months
- Dry fry spice in frypan over medium heat until fragrant
- Allow to cool. Blend in blender or mortar and pestle. Store in airtight jar for up to 3 months