Lush Macadamia Keto Ice Cream, it says it all! This is most certainly lush, and if you have never made an ice cream with macadamia milk then you need to get this into your life.
It is soooo good. Macadamia milk is so low in carbs per 250ml and good in healthy fats. Add to that some fresh roasted macadamias and you have an “oh so” super tasty mix. I have made this ice cream so many times. In fact it was adapted from a recipe I used to make with sugar. I just swapped the sugar for erythritol and reduced the amount. This macadamia ice cream is seriously close to perfection!
The recipe was actually me re-creating a recipe I created around 20 years ago using sugar. On the first attempt of trialling the recipe it was a winner. It is so, so good!
Love Macadamia Ice Cream but want some flavour variations?
If you would like to use this macadamia ice cream recipe as a base recipe and flavour it with your own flavourings then go ahead, it works perfect for all flavours just omit the macadamias. A little low carb secret for ice cream flavours is to use extracts. These add a lot of flavour for a miniscule amount of carbs added. You could also use some of my delicious Brookies recipe dough for a cookie dough variety! How great does that sound?
I hope you make this macadamia ice cream recipe and enjoy it just as much as I do.
Lastly I do just want to mention the use of xylitol. Xylitol is the recommended sweetener in this recipe as it is the ONLY sweetener that keeps your ice cream soft. Sorry NO erythritol is not the same. Xylitol is toxic to dogs so please be careful using it, cleaning up, storing it and under no circumstances sharing your ice cream with your dogs. The smallest amount can kill even the largest of our four legged friends.
Have you connected with us yet?
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 140 g xylitol xylitol guarantees a softer scoop, otherwise use erythritol
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 400 ml macadamia milk
- 400 ml thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 3 tsp vegetable glycerine
- 120 g lightly roasted macadamias
- Combine all the ingredients (except the macadamias) in a saucepan and cook on medium heat.
- Stir until the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Cool mix then freeze. Follow instructions as per below
- Insert butterfly. Add all ingredients except macadamias.
- Cook for 9 minutes/90℃/speed 2.
- Pour the mixture in a container and place in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight.
- Break up your block of ice cream with a spoon.
- Place into a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds (TM - 35 seconds / speed 8).
- Stir macadamias through ice cream and return to the freezer.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Coconut milk, almond milk, or milk can be substituted for macadamia milk.
- Vegetable glycerin can be left out out it is used purely to make the ice cream extra creamy and soft to serve.
- 1/2 tsp of guar gum is added to help maintain a soft scoopable consistency.
- Another tip to keep ice cream soft and stop forming ice crystals is to store in a zip lock bag with the air removed. You can do this by placing the bag over your ice cream container, place a straw in the corner of the bag and zip up to the straw. Suck all the air from the bag and quickly remove the straw and seal.