This Caramel Viennetta Icebox Keto Cheesecake is in a class of its own!
Low carb caramel Viennetta cheesecake, OH MY! I really wanted to make something a little bit different than the traditional Viennetta, so I made it not only a low carb cheesecake but also with a bit of of caamel nutty flavour. The keto salted caramel and macadamias give a great flavour and the presentation is great for a keto entertaining recipe for sure.
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL VIENNETTA
It does looks totally rockstar, it isn’t hard too hard to make. To get the fabulous layers of the mixture similar to a Streets Viennetta, I didn’t have a super large flat piping tip, so I used my hairdryer nozzle. Haha! A little innovative me thinks. I just cut a whole in a ziplock bag and popped it over my hairdryer nozzle to create the effect. You could easily do it with a smaller piping tip.
Keto cheesecakes are pretty easy to make tasty and to make look special. I hope you love this version that is just a little different than the usual low carb recipes.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 50 g erythritol
- 2 tsp caramel liquid stevia
- 100 g butter
- 100 g cream
- 20 g sweetener of choice
- 1 large piping bag and 1 very large flat piping tip or hairdryer nozzle lol
- 60 g macadamias toasted
- 40 g shredded coconut
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat, when slightly golden add xylitol and cook for a couple of minutes until slightly darker, then add cream and reduce until you have a beautiful syrupy salted caramel sauce.
- Set aside to cool while you make your cheesecake
- Combine gelatin and water. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Reserve.
- Add all cheesecake ingredients to food processor or Thermomix®. Blend for 30 seconds until smooth. (TM 30 seconds/speed 5)
- Scrape side of bowl, taste and see if it needs any additional sweetener. Add gelatin and mix until combined.
- Pipe a layer into a 20 x 10 cm silicone loaf tin, the layer should be a 1/3 of the mixture
- Top with a drizzle of salted caramel toasted macadamias, and a sprinkle of coconut
- Repeat until with 2 more layers until loaf pan is full
- Freeze for half an hour - 1 hour then refrigerate until needed
- Slice into 2 cm thick slices to serve