This version of Mad Creations Ketogenic / Paleo Hemp Seedy Bread is slightly addictive. Using the newly legalised (in Australia) hemp seeds, among other nuts and seeds gives you a dense bread that is beautifully flavoured.
I really want to create some fabulous new recipes using hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are very low in carbohydrate, and seriously tasty. I have so many ideas, but along with everything else I am trying to do I cant get all the recipes done and posted fast enough. All I can say don’t waste your money on a small bag, buy at least a 1kg bag as I will soon have you eating hemp in your breakfast cereal, health bars, muffins, puddings, schnitzels and more.
I really hope you enjoy this bread and it is a fabulous accompaniment for some Smokey Guacamole found in the Fast & Fresh eBook found here and topped with a poached egg and some extra nigella seeds.
Have you connected with us?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 150 g almond meal or almonds if using TM
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 40 g pepitas
- 50 g almond yes this extra
- 50 g hemp seeds you can substitute golden flaxmeal
- 10 g nigella seeds you can substitute black sesame seeds or omit completely
- 15 g coconut flour
- 5 g apple cider vinegar
- 5 g celery salt
- 65 g coconut oil
- 5 g bicarb soda
- 5 g salt flakes I use black seas salt
- 6 free range eggs 270g total
- Extra hemp and nigella to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Spray 20cm x 10cm loaf tin, with olive oil spray.
Add 150g almond to bowl, blitz 10 seconds / speed 10.
Add sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds, hemp seeds to bowl and chop 6 seconds / speed 5.
Add rest of ingredients and mix 10 seconds / speed 3.
Pour batter into prepared loaf tin and cook for 45 - 50 minutes.
Check bread with skewer for doneness.
Cool on cake cooling tray until cool.
- Conventional Method
- Chop sunflower seeds, pepitas and almonds, until fine, but not too fine (you still want some yummy chunky bits). Add the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl and combine. Pour batter into loaf tin and cook as above.