I had a hankering for a “cakey” muffin so I got cooking. Everyone loves red velvet right? These Red Velvet Zucchini Muffins hit the spot!
I thought I would mix it up by adding some zucchini for a moist muffin, and make the frosting red too. Nothing like exhausting your red palette, lol.
I will just say that these are very yummy and as I always say, make these your own. If you want walnuts, add walnuts, if you want to use butter instead of oil, go for it! If you want vanilla frosting do it! I am all about creating a base for you to play with and customise to your tastes.
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 150 g light tasting olive oil or you can use butter
- 50 g sweetener of choice I use Natvia
- 3 eggs
- 10 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 g white vinegar
- 5 g red food colouring there are natural colourings available at specialty stores
- 140 g grated zucchini
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 30 g sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup protein powder you can just substitute an extra 50g almond meal
- 100 g xylitol
- 250 g cream cheese
- 45 g butter
- 5 g red food colouring
- 5 g cocoa powder
optional toppings freeze dried raspberries dark chocolate, cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Prepare muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cases.
- Thermomix® - Mix all muffin ingredients for 20 seconds / reverse speed 3.5
- Conventional – Mix all muffin ingredients in mixer for 20 seconds with paddle attachment.
- Pour into muffin cases and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Thermomix – Blend xylitol 15 seconds / speed 10. Scrape sides of bowl. Add rest of ingredients and combine 20 seconds / speed 5.
- Conventional – Use blender to convert xylitol to powder form, then mix all ingredients with mixer until combined and fluffy.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled muffins and top with your choice of garnish