Mexican Steak Keto Fajitas on a hot Saturday night with some friends outdoors…. perfection! Maybe even a little Keto Margarita as well lol!
Another example of beautifully seasoned Mexican food that is fresh and lively and just perfect for our keto lifestyle. This is a very easy keto recipe that can be made quickly on any night of the week and everyone will enjoy.
Fajitas, pronounced fah-hee-tas, are great when entertaining as you can just have a load of share bowls with guacamole, pico de gallo, salad and a nice platter of beautifully seasoned meat, with a fresh squeeze of citrus. Pure Bliss!
This is my idea of the perfect meal that is really easy and cheap to prepare.
HOW TO COOK STEAK FAJITAS
What kind of steak is used for fajitas?
- I use flank, skirt or hanger steak. These are all cheap secondary cuts of meat that take very little time to prepare.
- Cook the meat medium-rare. With secondary cuts you need to choose to either cook on high heat and fast or low and slow. Skirt steak fajitas are tender, juicy and just delicious.
- Fajita Seasoning. I have my standard mix, but seriously play with spices and find your own signature blend too. I have included a link to my Fajita Seasoning.
WHAT TO SERVE FAJITAS WITH
Steak Keto Fajitas are perfect accompanied with fried onion, peppers, chillies and fresh salad. I love a good Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, and fresh greens including plenty of fresh coriander leaves. I truly hope you are not one of “those people” who hate fresh coriander/cilantro. It is one of my all time favourite herbs and I just love it with my fajitas.
Keto meal plans and recipes do not ever need to be made complicated. This recipe is one way you can have a fresh and delicious keto main meal on the table in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 500 g flank steak
- 3 tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow capsicum julienned
- 1 green capsicum julienned
- ½ small onion sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeno sliced thinly
- fresh coriander leaves
- fresh lime juice
- keto tortillas
- sour cream
- chilli sauce
- pico de gallo
- Coat flank in seasoning and leave overnight to marinate.
- Heat oil in griddle pan over medium heat. Add flank and cook 5-7 minutes each side until cooked medium rare (your cooking time may be more or less depending on the thickness of the flank).
- When nearly done, add capsicum and onion. Sauté on the side of the pan until soft.
- When cooked, slice the flank into thin slices against the grain.
- Toss meat with juices from the pan, capsicum, onions, jalapeno, and coriander leaves.
- Serve with fresh lime and your favourite accompaniments.