An oven baked pice of salmon in foil is one of the easiest and tastiest meals I can make!
Quit simple less than 5 minutes preparation and 20 minutes in the oven this meal in less than 30 minutes is so amazingly fresh, zesty and easy! I truly love having meals that take very little effort to prepare. Cooking time doesn’t particularly bother me too much as I am lucky that I am home and can pop on my meals whenever needed. However, this salmon dish is so easy, it is perfect for all of you who are pressed for time and get home from work and someone that seems that little bit fancy in a minimal amount of time.
This is such a great recipe that I am adding it to the 365 meal plans as it works in well for a perfect midweek recipe when we are all a little tired and don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
Feel free to change to any kind of fish or seafood, and any kind of vegetable. If swapping out any of the ingredients just watch your cook time increasing for larger pieces of protein. Also if using any vegetables that take more time to cook it may be worth steaming them before the bake to ensure everything cooks perfectly in the bag.
I will say the vegetables really shine in this dish as they are sucking up all the flavours of the salmon, butter, herbs and spices. Seriously this salmon is beautiful!
I hope you enjoy. Please comment below your thoughts on this dish and please connect with us on Facebook if you haven’t already.
- 250 g fillet Atlantic salmon skin off
- 2 broccolini florets
- 1/4 40g zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 slices lemon
- 1 tsp capers
- 25 g butter broken into small cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 spring onion sliced
- 6-8 thin chilli slices
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Prepare a 80cm piece of foil by folding in half
- Place broccolini and zucchini in centre of foil and top with salmon
- Season salmon liberally with salt and pepper
- Top salmon with lemon, capers, cubes of butter, half of the parsley, spring onions and chilli
- Enclose salmon in the foil
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven top with extra fresh parsley