These Salt and Pepper Seasoned King Fish fillets are the bomb diggety of easy keto meals!
Everything you want in a keto seafood meal. You can tell when a recipe is going to be good when you are cooking to your hunger and have no plan what-so-ever in what you are going to do with your fish fillets.
Even sitting here now writing about this delicious seasoned king fish I have yet to even sit down and actually eat the meal..lol. I work so weirdly but let’s say that a few chunks of king fish have already been consumed, and the rest of the meal may or may not get eaten today.
Seasoned King Fish in 4 Easy Steps
Follow a ketogenic diet I think makes for easier meal prep times. Seeing we are using more unprocessed foods and keeping our diet low carb, throwing a few ingredients together in easy meals is the best way to eat. Making this dish is so easy and quick. Just follow the basic steps and your meal will be done in minutes.
- Cut the king fish into smallish pieces. Not too small as you want the fish to maintain moisture.
- Mix seasonings together and season king fish.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and fry seasoned king fish in batches for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with favourite side and salad.
Tasty Accompaniments for Seasoned King Fish
Personally I am always happy to eat fish straight off the barbecue, pan or grill. I love it as it is plain and fresh, seasoned, fried, grilled, or in curries and fresh soups. For this seasoned king fish I really wanted something a bit punchy so kind of ended up teaming it with a Lemon Gremolata. A lemon gremolata is so easy to make and with great fresh ingredients. To get the recipe just use the link.
A lovely fresh green leafy salad, a little gremolata, maybe some chunks of avocado and some mayonnaise or for my ahhh-mazing Old Bay Seasoned Tartare from Lunch Time Keto. God I love me some fresh fish!
If you love this recipe then please leave us a comment and rating below.
If you want more like this then try some of the below
- Chop fish fillets into large chunks.
- Mix all dry seasoning ingredients together.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frypan over medium-high heat.
- Toss fish pieces in seasoning and transfer to frypan. Be careful to not over-crowd your pan and work in batches if need be.
- Fry 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Season fish well and serve with arugula salad, lemon and Lemon Gremolata.