These Simple Seed Crackers are so fabulous!
When I first made these it was for Christmas with all the family coming around. I will say they got totally demolished and everyone loved them.
I will say when you make them make the effort to go and buy some Maldon smoked sea salt. That salt is like the total bees knees, sprinkle it liberally all over the crackers and you will love them.
Cut these crackers into any shape you want and serve them with some awesome cheese.
I hope you love them xo
Have you connected with us yet?
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 225 g wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds coarsely ground
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon smoked sea salts
- To bowl add all ingredients except oil and salt
- Mix 3 minutes/dough setting
- Take out of bowl, and follow method below for rolling and cooking.
- In bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add seeds, pepper before making a well; pour in the oil, lemon rind, and water. Mix together, then turn out onto a floured surface to lightly knead.
- Roll dough into sausage, wrap in cling wrap and chuck in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Break into 4 logs. Rollout and cut into desired shape. I did mine roughly 1 1/2 - 2 inch strips. Cut in similar sizes, and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Baste with oil, dust with Maldon Salt, and any other seasonings, you wish. More seeds or herbs would be tasty.
- Cook in preheated oven, 200℃ between 6-8 minutes. Until golden and crispy
- Serve with hummus, cheese, whatever takes your fancy. Yum