Look this is an easy Slow Cooked Keto Meatloaf recipe that you can truly make your own. Add whatever the seasonings, and wrap it in bacon, roast vegetables, don’t wrap it all….it’s totally up to you.
My only recommendations are use fatty mince, and don’t over cook, you don’t want a meat brick.
Thanks to Christine Ladewig, for her great photo of her loaf, if you also check out this fabulous Double Stuffed Peppers recipe that Christine also made with the loaf as well. Such a versatile recipe that can indeed be used in different ways.
Meatloaf, I think is such a terrible name for meal. To me it sounds very old fashioned, tasteless and unappealing. However, when you actually make one and give it a bit of love with your favourite seasonings, wrap it in a blanket of bacon, and hide a few poppers inside you have something pretty special.
I truly hope you love my keto meatloaf and if you were someone just like me who thought that a meatloaf was pretty ordinary, find this recipe extraordinary.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 300 g beef mince regular fatty good stuff
- 300 g pork mince
- 150 g bacon diced
- 1 tbsp LCM Signature Spice Blend
- 1 tbsp parsley finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mushrooms finely sliced
- 1 tbsp jalapenos minced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 chipotles in adobo finely minced
Alternative Jalapeno Popper filling and wrapping
- 5 whole fresh jalapenos end cut off and deseeded
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- Bacon for wrapping
- Mix all chosen ingredients together
- If using the jalapeno poppers, stuff your chillies with cream cheese, and place in centre of the loaf as you are shaping
- Shape into a loaf, or place in loaf tin, bacon lined (if using) that will fit inside your cooker
- Fold bacon over top of the loaf so completely covered
- Place in slow cooker and cook slow for 6 hours
- Check internal temp is 70 degrees Celsius
- If you have wrapped in bacon you can take the loaf out of the tin, and finish off in oven for a crispy shell
- Serve with salad or vegetables.