It’s no secret that I love stuffed Naan. It’s SOOO good!
It’s great because I bake it or dry grill no frying so a healthier option and so tasty that no one will complain.
This recipe, just came about because I am working on emptying out the fridge, (my fridge is way to full) and I love cheese, like who doesn’t and of course I love my greens. I grow a huge amount of organic fruits, vegetables and of course more greens than most people could consume.
This recipe is pretty loose. You can change the nuts or leave them out you can also add whatever your favourite herbs are. Add mint, coriander, dill, whatever floats your boat and of course some cheese. I am so not traditional and do Mexican cross overs with feta, sheep cheese or jalapeno cheese. You could make nut cheese if you don’t eat dairy.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds or whatever nuts you like
- 1 whole cup of your favorite herbs I used flat leaf parsley, garlic chives, basil
- 2 green spring onions
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or Jack , tasty, feta, goat, whatever you like
- Naan Ingredients
- 160 g milk
- 5 g sugar
- 5 g yeast
- 450 g strong bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- Nigella seeds
- Preheat oven to 250℃ put in a flat baking pan, or pizza stone for cooking naan on
- Place all filling ingredients, except mozzarella into Thermomix, or blender
- Blend 10 seconds / speed 10
- Scrape down bowl then give it another go 5 secs / speed 10
- Give the bowl a quick rinse and then prep your naan
- Naan Instructions
- Preheat oven to 250℃ with oven stone or tray inside
- Add milk, sugar, yeast to mixer
- Mix 2 minutes / 60℃ / speed 1.5
- Rest with lid on for 15 minutes
- Add all other naan ingredients, except nigella seeds
- Dough setting / 3 minutes
- Dough should be tacky, if too wet add a little flour and mix for another minute
- Turn out dough and rest for 1 hr covered in spray oiled bowl, covered in cling wrap
- Roll out 6-8 rounds.
- Smear round with green paste, add a good pinch of cheese, close into ball turn over than roll into disc, the size of saucer.
- On the last roll I sprinkle with nigella seeds, and roll them in gently
- Cook each naan for approx 4 -5 minutes each side, until puffed up and looking gorgeous!
- Serve with Coconut Green curry, a Lamb Curry or just eat on their own Super tasty!