I am serious that this Smokey Keto Barbecue Sauce is seriously that good it truly should be bottled and sold!
I am not joking when I say how good this sauce really is. Even now I have a huge jar of it in the fridge ready for when I am ready to cook up some nicely glazed protein, use it for a marinade or a dipping sauce.
When I first made it I made it as a glaze, but then took it a little further into a barbecue sauce as I knew that the combination of the blackberries and coffee will be perfectly balanced. This sauce works wonders on ribs, a baked ham, your sausages and even chicken and wings.
You may also notice that I used Nespresso pods, for the actual finely ground coffee (and yes you actually put the ground coffee into the sauce, I just use ones that I have already used to make the espresso. Call it recycling if you wish.
It really is a fabulous sauce that everyone is going to love trust me you need to give this recipe a try.
Make sure you pin me and add me to your Yummly account so that you can add me to your shopping lists and meal plans. Click the Yum button below!
Follow me on Pinterest
Check out my latest on Instagram
Get with our fabulous tribe on Facebook
- 300 g espresso coffee
- 2 pods of coffee grounds I recommend 2 Nespresso pods (used)
- 120 g xylitol or sweetener of choice
- 60 g blackstrap molasses
- 24 blackberries crushed
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 60 g Fire apple cider vinegar
- 100 g tomato paste
- Add coffee, ground coffee, xylitol, molasses, black strap molasses, and blackberries to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until it starts to turn syrupy, then add rest of ingredients.
- Stir and reduce heat and cook until you have a sauce consistency.