I am serious that this Smokey Keto Barbecue Sauce is seriously that good it truly should be bottled and sold!
I am not joking when I say how good this sauce really is. Even now I have a huge jar of it in the fridge ready for when I am ready to cook up some nicely glazed protein, use it for a marinade or a dipping sauce.
When I first made a keto barbecue sauce I used it as a glaze. I then took it a little further into a full-blown barbecue sauce as I knew that the combination of the blackberries and coffee would be perfectly balanced. This sugar free sauce works wonders on ribs, a baked ham, sausages and even chicken and wings.
You may also notice that I used Nespresso pods, for the actual finely ground coffee (and yes you actually put the ground coffee into the sauce, I just use ones that I have already used to make the espresso. Call it recycling if you wish.
It really is a fabulous sauce that everyone is going to love trust me you need to give this recipe a try.
Connect with us today
Follow me on Pinterest
Check out my latest on Instagram
Get with our fabulous tribe on Facebook
- 300 g espresso coffee
- 2 pods or tbsp coffee grounds I recommend 2 Nespresso pods (used)
- 120 g sweetener I use erythritol
- 60 g blackstrap molasses or Sukrin Gold Syrup
- 24 blackberries crushed
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 60 g Fire apple cider vinegar
- 100 g tomato paste
- Add coffee, ground coffee, sweetener, molasses, black strap molasses, and blackberries to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until it starts to turn syrupy, then add rest of ingredients.
- Stir and reduce heat and cook until you have a sauce consistency.