I am serious that this Smokey Keto Barbecue Sauce is seriously that good it truly should be bottled and sold!
I am not joking when I say how good this sauce really is. Even now I have a huge jar of it in the fridge. A good sauce should always be handy for a marinade or a dipping sauce.
When I first made this smokey keto barbecue sauce I used it as a glaze.
This sugar free sauce works wonders on ribs, a baked ham, sausages and even chicken and wings.
smokey keto barbecue sauce ingredients
300 ml espresso coffee – yes that is just over a cup of hot coffee. I use 2 Nespresso pods for 2 shots to make up the 300 ml. I then use then ground coffee in the pods in the mix as well. Even if you are not a coffee lover the sauce is just enriched by the coffee rather than flavoured.
Sweeteners – erythritol, black strap molasses (or Sukrin Gold) and blackberries sweeten this sugar-free barbecue sauce. If you have ever made barbecue sauce before following a low carb lifestyle, then you will know it is FULL of sugars. To get the same kind of sweetness I have used a few natural sweeteners with a lot less carbs to keep the carb count down. Blackberries help to add the stickiness to the sauce.
Fire Apple Cider – I choose to use a vinegar with a bit of spice. Any vinegar can be substituted in its place.
want more sauce recipes?
- Best Ever Keto Marinara Sauce
- Keto Sweet Chilli Sauce | Sugar Free
- Addictive Buffalo Blue Cheese Sauce
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce Keto Ketchup
- Fresh Roasted Tomato Napoletana Sauce
- Best Ever Keto Enchilada Sauce
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 300 g espresso coffee
- 2 pods or tbsp coffee grounds I recommend 2 Nespresso pods (used)
- 120 g sweetener I use erythritol
- 60 g blackstrap molasses or Sukrin Gold Syrup
- 24 blackberries crushed
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 60 g Fire apple cider vinegar
- 100 g tomato paste
- Add coffee, ground coffee, sweetener, molasses, black strap molasses, and blackberries to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until it starts to turn syrupy, then add rest of ingredients.
- Stir and reduce heat and cook until you have a sauce consistency.