My Smoky Ranch Chicken Salad is pretty damn easy but let me tell you it doesn’t shortcut on the flavour at all! It is just so delicious!
While I am obviously always cooking or developing recipes it might come as a surprise that I actually absolutely hate spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
I call myself a lazy cook, but in reality I guess with what I do for my lifestyle I could barely say that I am actually very lazy in the kitchen. However, when it comes to making my own meals I want to get in and get out.
I hope you have all noticed that the recipes I create are not super labour intensive. If the recipe actually takes a long time to cook that is usually because it is cooked low and slow, or a long baking period.
This smoky ranch chicken salad is easy, tasty and totally fits easily within anyones macros.
Winning friends with Salad
I grew up mostly eating salad. We always had a tonne of vegetables in our house and I loved eating a bit of seafood (I didn’t eat meat at all). I had to have a dressing it would be something very simple and quick like this smoky ranch.
Now that we are in spring and heading into summer I want plenty of options in quick and easy salads to make in a matter of minutes or to create ahead of time in mason jars.
Team these salads with some of the Best Keto Bread and you can make a double batch. One for now and one for a sandwich the following day.
Smoky Ranch Chicken Salad Substitutes
Hate chicken? Not a ham eater? Here is just a few alternatives to either change it up a little or give yourself a range to make along these same lines.
- swap chicken for lamb backstrap
- swap ham for salami or hard boiled or poached egg
- substitute the chipotle powder for sumac, smoked paprika, or ground dill
- for a vegetarian version, swap out the chicken and ham for haloumi and grilled eggplant or zucchini
- for a vegan version omit chicken, ham, and cheese and substitute grilled vegetables and chilli tofu
Spend less time in the kitchen and makes some simple healthy fat meals like this smoky ranch chicken salad and have more time chillin outside with the family or a good book.
Connect with us on Facebook
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds or black sesame seeds
- 80 g pre-cooked chicken breast sliced
- 40 g ham roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup lettuce
- 3 cherry tomatoes halved
- 30 g cheese I use gouda
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 10 g 10ml lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder or smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients and taste. If it requires any more lemon or seasoning adjust to taste. Pour dressing into glass jar and reserve.
Press one side of the avocado into the nigella seeds. Reserve
Mix all salad ingredients in bowl or plate and top with avocado and dressing.
1. Any protein can be used in this salad.
2. For a vegetarian version substitute the meats for sliced mushrooms, cucumber, and pumpkin.
3. For a vegan dressing swap the sour cream for coconut yoghurt, and mayonnaise for a vegan mayonnaise.
4. This recipe works perfect for Mason Jar salads. Just add your dressing to the bottom and layer the salad.
5. Best to eat within 24 hours of making.
If you haven’t checked out the recipe index line up in our new best selling cookbook Keto Eats then click here and learn more x