Would you believe it if I said this sugar free keto cremé caramel tastes even better than it looks.
When I was deciding what to make for something sweet and new for everyone a cremé caramel popped into mind and was in the oven about 20 minutes later. It also gave me a reason to make the caramel. It is so good and fabulous as a candy as well (if you want to make some just make a double batch of caramel and use half for the sauce and half for some hard candies or my new snicker butter caramel bars.
I hope you love this recipe. I did! It is just so easy.
For those of you wondering about substitutes for Sukrin gold fiber syrup, there isn’t really anything like it that is going to be low carb. Basically it is like golden syrup but made with erythritol. I have loads of recipes using the products as I find it works just the same as sugar or golden syrup would in a standard recipe. Here is a little sneak peak of what I will be posting soon as well. My delicious Snicker Butter Caramel… How good does it look?
Anyway, enjoy your cremé caramel!
- 30 g butter
- 85 g Sukrin Gold Fiber Syrup click link for Aussie supplier
- 50 g thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250 ml thickened cream
- 100 g Sukrin : 1 or sweetener of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- seeds of one vanilla bean
- Place all caramel ingredients into large glass bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir. Repeat at intervals until you have a thick heavy caramel. (Be careful with hot caramel to not burn yourself)
- Spoon 2 tbsp of caramel into the bottom of 4 x 200ml sized ramekins. Place into a large lasagne pan and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Fill a kettle with water and put onto boil.
- Whisk the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Pour evenly into each ramekin over caramel sauce
- Pour boiling water into lasagne pan being careful not to splash inside the custard. Pour until half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 30 minutes. Custard should be set but slightly yielding to the touch. Add extra time if required.
- To serve run a knife around the edge and up end onto plate.