Well I guess if anyone was to attempt a great version of a Keto Mars Bar I would begrudgingly put up my hand…. YEAH RIGHT!
It is perfection! Truly keto confectionary at its best. To be honest I barely can tell any difference from the keto Mars Bar to the original. It would be interesting to do a blind taste test….without the sugar version lol.
Seriously though this is a great chocolate bar!
If you have tried my various protein bars eg Vanilla Nougat Bar, or my Chocolate Caramel Slice, you will know that I am quite adept at recreating old school favourites easily with the Sukrin products. While some of their products are interchangeable with other brands, unfortunately for us in Australia the only true keto syrups with the viscosity for this kind of cooking come from Sukrin.
If you need to stock up I totally recommend the Bakers Pack, in fact I recommended that Rachelle from Sukrin put the pack together and I gave it its name lol. The pack contains all the ingredients I use in this recipe and my many other sweet recipes.
How to make a Keto Mars Bar
- I choose to use Isopure WPI as it has a neutral flavour, no carbs and works perfectly in each of my recipes. You can choose to substitute a pea protein isolate if you are dairy intolerant or other WPI’s but please add the protein powder by the tablespoon and mix well. Many other protein powders are more absorbent and can make the mix drier or crumblier.
- Sukrin Australia is the only retailer of Sukrin products. Unfortunately in Australia we have no other products similar to the fibre syrups you can purchase through Sukrin. The syrups both in clear and gold are almost like a straight substitute for honey or glucose syrup in the clear, and maple syrup or golden syrup in the gold. I do also love the range of other sweeteners including a fabulous icing sugar substitute Sukrin Melis, and the Sukrin Gold granular, which is a rich caramel flavoured sweetener similar to brown sugar. You can order through this link here
- Vitawerx Milk Chocolate is absolutely delicious! Available in both milk chocolate and white chocolate it is as close as you can get to eating the real thing but with ZERO sugar. Use the links here to purchase online today!
This keto Mars bar recipe has been created to be included in an up-coming book Keto Eats that is available now for sale.
I have decided to put this keto Mars Bar recipe out on the website as there is currently nothing quite like this recipe and so many on my lovely Facebook community gave it a huge thumbs up to go ahead and make it.
I am sharing a lot of little teasers on FB so if you do love this recipe and would like to see more of what is going into the book then join us today.
If you love this Keto Mars Bar recipe then please share the link EVERYWHERE!!!! I think it is a “hum-dinger” of a recipe that most keto followers will love to be able to make.
Watch this video on how to perfect the Keto Mars Bar caramel!
Want more recipes like the Keto Mars Bar?
Try some of these fab bars available now
- White Chocolate Snickers
- Vanilla Nougat Bar
- Butter Caramel Nougat Bar
- Cinnamon and Walnut Nougat Bar
- Mint Slice Biscuits
- Iced Vovo Biscuits
Interested in keto cookbooks?
Click to go to the SHOP now!
- 200 g Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup click link for only Australian supplier
- 60 g butter
- 80 g thickened cream
- 140 g Sugar Free Milk Chocolate or dark chocolate (see recipe notes)
I used a silicone bar mould that is now expired. A silicone large icecube tray would be perfect for 32 x 4cm mars bites.
- Place clear syrup and chocolate in large pyrex bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine and melt chocolate.
- Combine chocolate mix with WPI and MCT oil and mix until combined. With a gloved hand massage mix until it is no longer grainy.
- Spoon or break off pieces and push into moulds (will make 32 x 4cm moulds)
- Place all caramel ingredients into a large pyrex bowl. Heat on high for 3 minutes. Carefully remove from microwave stir mixture and return to microwave. Continue to heat at 1-2 minute intervals until mixture looks very bubbly when you take out and when stir becomes thicker and more viscose. At this point you will definitely smell a caramel scent.
- Carefully spoon the hot caramel into your moulds. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt chocolate and thinly coat each mars bar.