Mad Creations Sugar Free Raspberry Vodka is an easy one for me to make when I grow raspberries in my backyard, and at this time of year I end up with loads of them. They are so different then the store bought variety. So fragrant, and a deep rich raspberry flavour…. oh, they are so good.
Now that I am following LCHF, I don’t eat many of the raspberries at all, as I really try and keep my carbs to an absolute minimum each day, so I got to thinking different ways to use them.
So why not in a bit of no carb alcohol, for that once in a while flavoured alcoholic beverage.
I made 2 styles, one without any sugar substitute and 1 with. I was concerned that with no sugar the raspberry would spoil but it didn’t at all. Alcohol must be a good thing to pickle yourself in to keep you fresher longer..haha!
Seriously, you don’t need any sugar or sweetener, but for those of you who feel the need, I will add the alternative measure for you.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 700 ml vodka use the cheap stuff
- 200 g raspberries
- 1 - 2 tbsp xylitol *Optional
- 2 large glass bottles and lids
- This is a very simple recipe
- Quite simply, pour 350 ml of vodka into each bottle
- Add 100 gm of raspberries into each one
- Add xylitol* if using
- Place lids on and store your bottles in a dark cool dry place
- Upend and shake (slowly) each week
- Should be ready to test in 2 weeks
- Drink when happy with the flavour
- The longer you leave the more the flavour develops
- Just test each week