Mad Creations Sugar Free Raspberry Vodka is an easy one for me to make when I grow raspberries in my backyard, and at this time of year I end up with loads of them. They are so different then the store bought variety. So fragrant, and a deep rich raspberry flavour…. oh, they are so good.
Now that I am following LCHF, I don’t eat many of the raspberries at all, as I really try and keep my carbs to an absolute minimum each day, so I got to thinking different ways to use them.
So why not in a bit of no carb alcohol, for that once in a while flavoured alcoholic beverage.
I made 2 styles, one without any sugar substitute and 1 with. I was concerned that with no sugar the raspberry would spoil but it didn’t at all. Alcohol must be a good thing to pickle yourself in to keep you fresher longer..haha!
Seriously, you don’t need any sugar or sweetener, but for those of you who feel the need, I will add the alternative measure for you.
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 700 ml vodka use the cheap stuff
- 200 g raspberries
- 1 - 2 tbsp xylitol *Optional
- 2 large glass bottles and lids
- This is a very simple recipe
- Quite simply, pour 350 ml of vodka into each bottle
- Add 100 gm of raspberries into each one
- Add xylitol* if using
- Place lids on and store your bottles in a dark cool dry place
- Upend and shake (slowly) each week
- Should be ready to test in 2 weeks
- Drink when happy with the flavour
- The longer you leave the more the flavour develops
- Just test each week