My day was greatly improved by making these Sugar-Free Salted Caramel Cheesecake Easter eggs!
Trust me when I say these are super delicious! So good!
The recipe idea came from a shared post from Christine Russell, one of the Mad Creations testers. She shared a kind of Gaytime cheesecake that inspired it. I could have put some biscotti crumbs inside as well but was pretty exhausted after a big walk with Dave that I just decided to keep it easy. The whole dessert was completed in less than half an hour as it is that easy to make. So please do not think it laborious or difficult. This one the kids could even help.
The caramel was inspired by www.sugarfreemom.com There is loads of salted caramel recipes, even I have one, but this one is made with Sukrin Gold. I recently discovered that Rachelle had taken on the brand and Australia once again has a distributor. If you are going to place an order commit below if you want to know what else to get for up-coming recipes as I will be testing out quite a few products in truly delicious fashion. I will be doing a confectionery range, and protein bar range you will all want to be in on. How does keto honeycomb sound….
I hope you love these eggs. You could alway make this into a lovely Cheesecake Slice and drizzle with toffee and chocolate …. now there is an exciting idea.
If you love this recipe please, pin, rate or share to your Yummly account.
You can join us on Facebook
Check out all the dishes on Instagram
Follow on Pinterest
- 90 g sugar free milk chocolate I use Well Naturally
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 90 seconds or until melted.
- Spread chocolate into egg moulds. Pour out excess back into bowl. Freeze mould for 2 minutes.
- Re-coat eggs again and freeze again until you have the desired thickness
- Keep in freezer or fridge until needed
- Add butter, Sukrin Gold, and cream to small bowl. Microwave one minute. Remove stir and repeat.
- Do this until you have the desired thickness and consistency. I did mine for only 4 minutes and it gave a rich caramel that is not unlike a good chewy toffee.
- Add salt flakes to taste
Mix gelatine and water together in a glass and microwave for 30 seconds
- Add all ingredients to Thermomix® and mix 30 seconds/speed 5
- Fill eggs with cheesecake mix. Spoon out a little in the centre to add a spoon full of salted caramel to the centre.
- Pop into freezer for 5 minutes
- Gently push out each half and squish together
- Refrigerate until needed
- Each egg is easily 4 serves as it is very rich!