This Super Easy Keto Lahmacun is set to become every family’s favourite.
What is a Lahmacun? Lahmacun is basically an Armenian or Turkish pizza, that is made with mince meat that has been mixed with vegetables, herbs and spices, and is made very thin. Traditionally it is topped with some extra raw vegetables, a squeeze of lemon and rolled up and eaten that way. It is truly delicious, and also extremely easy to make.
What I love about lahmacun, is that you have a very fresh thin “meat bread” that you can top with yummy salad and seriously enjoy for any meal. It is great for a lunch legend, a breakfast wrap topped with an egg, or at dinner time topped with a greek salad.
Photo credit: Evie Tate
If you are not a lamb lover you also easily swap this out for any protein or vegetarian alternatives.
This version here of Christine Ladewigs is made with beef mince and she added a hot sauce and garlic sauce to the mix to spice them up a bit. If you love your spices and heat then dial it up and enjoy your lahmacun the way you would like it. Let me know in the comments below how you have created yours and what you think of this humble recipe.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 1 batch Fathead Dough
- 400 g lamb mince you can use beef or chicken
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 40 g tomato paste
- 1/2 red capsicum finely diced
- 1/2 bunch parsley chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp paprika smoked or sweet
- 1 small tomato
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 fresh lemon quartered
- 4 tbsp sour cream or greek yoghurt
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- fresh mixed greens
- goat curd or feta
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Prepare 2 large baking tray with baking paper or use a pizza stone and cook individually. These will also cook well in pizza oven.
- Prepare fathead according to instructions, then roll out and cut into 6 portions.
- Pre-bake until fathead starts to lightly brown OR fry fathead portions on a very hot griddle or cast iron pan until lightly golden
- Add all topping ingredients to Thermomix® or food processor and mix 10 seconds/speed 5.
- Spread a small handful of each mixture onto each round, patting down flat.
- Cook lahmacun 10 minutes or until meat is cooked through
- Serve as a wrap or flat "pizza style" with toppings of choice