I have made this sugar-free Keto chocolate mousse more times than I care to say. It is incredibly easy and equally incredibly delicious.
Ironically I used to love those diet mousse pots you can buy at the supermarket. Back in the day when I thought low fat was the way to go. Haha! Joke was certainly on me! All those low fat treats, and “healthy” grain meals only got me fatter than I ever should be, and at risk for a heart explosion.
I seriously did fear (in the back of my mind) that one day I would just have a heart attack either as a warning or drop dead. I really did get to that stage where I was that unhealthy.
So if you are like I was then toss away the low fat, and make a mousse that absolutely smashes in flavour, anything you can buy at the supermarkets.
Get your copy of my book Keto for Beginners in store now!
I hope you love the recipe and use it in a few creations of your own
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixer until soft peaks are formed.
- While mixer is running slowly add sugar and whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition. Reserve.
- In a separate bowl whip cream until thickened and stiff.Add nutmeg, melted chocolate, vanilla and reserved whipped eggs and fold gently.
- Divide mixture between 6-8 glasses and place in the fridge to set.
- This recipe will keep in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Add essential oils, finely grated citrus rind, or extracts to flavour the mousse.