I have made this sugar-free Keto chocolate mousse more times than I care to say. It is incredibly easy and equally incredibly delicious.
Ironically I used to love those diet mousse pots you can buy at the supermarket. Back in the day when I thought low fat was the way to go. Haha! Joke was certainly on me! All those low fat treats, and “healthy” grain meals only got me fatter than I ever should be, and at risk for a heart explosion.
I seriously did fear (in the back of my mind) that one day I would just have a heart attack either as a warning or drop dead. I really did get to that stage where I was that unhealthy.
So if you are like I was then toss away the low fat, and make a mousse that absolutely smashes in flavour, anything you can buy at the supermarkets.
Get your copy of my book Keto for Beginners in store now!
I hope you love the recipe and use it in a few creations of your own
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Check out all my fabulous books in my store Shopify
- 2 eggs separated
- 70-80 g sweetener
- 100 g dark chocolate melted and cooled to room temperature
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ nutmeg
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixer until soft peaks are formed.
- While mixer is running slowly add sugar and whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition. Reserve.
- In a separate bowl whip cream until thickened and stiff.Add nutmeg, melted chocolate, vanilla and reserved whipped eggs and fold gently.
- Divide mixture between 6-8 glasses and place in the fridge to set.
- This recipe will keep in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Add essential oils, finely grated citrus rind, or extracts to flavour the mousse.