This capellini was fully inspired by this mornings tomatoes from our neighbours, so it’s a highly seasoned and herbaceous tomato sauce, kept raw and tossed, with my freshly made pasta.
Dave bought me the pasta attachments for Christmas, so I have retired the Atlas, for a bit of powered help.
I hope you love this simple recipe.
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 700 g fresh tomatoes - organic grown if you can. Well worth a trip to the local markets your homegrown, or in this case, Carol and Max next door. Thanks guys! Sooooo yummy!
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Mixed fresh herbs I am using oregano, flat feaf parsley, bloody sorrel, pizza thyme, basil use as much as you want
- 8 kalamatas pitted and chopped finely
- 1/2 tbsp fresh jalapeño finely diced
- 1/4 of lemon zest grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Splash of sweet wine
- 1 tbsp goat feta crumbled
- Maldon smoked salt
- Megans chilli pepper seasoning
- 2 cups OO flour
- 2 eggs
- parmesan for serving
- Prepare the tomatoes. Simply grate approximately 3 tomatoes and dice the rest
- Add you diced olives, jalapeño, feta, sliced herbs, zest, vinegar, oil, wine and seasoning
- I smash the garlic and place it in a tea bag, as I don't want the raw garlic in the pasta, just a bit of aroma
- Leave to infuse for 1 hour
- Meanwhile make pasta
- I make my pasta with the dough hook in the kitchenaid, and it the spaghetti, all to manufacturers instructions. You can make you own or serve this when any kind of pasta you wish
- Mix with cooked drained hot pasta in saucepan
- Serve with shaved parmesan