This Naked Chicken Keto Taco is one of the most fabulous looking recipes I have made, in my eyes. It not only looks fabulous and tastes amazing but eating Tacos like this is so much better, as it doesn’t crumble and break apart.
Isn’t it just visually stunning?
Please don’t be intimidated by the recipe, this is a very simple recipe, and if you don’t have a Thermomix, its still very easy, and if you can’t get the shape just make it as a schnitzel. However, this could be a bit of “WOW” factor at a Mexican Fiesta Dinner Party.
I hope you enjoy ! You can see my YouTube video to learn how to make your Taco
Soft Taco Alternative
If you love soft tacos then you need to try my delicious Fish Tacos
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
The best looking Taco on earth!
- 200 g pork rinds
- duck fat or lard enough for deep frying
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- You can add some chilli con queso, or grated cheese, whatever toppings you love with your tacos
- 1 egg
- 55 g your favourite cheese
- 500 g chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 whole grated chipotle or 1 tsp chipotle powder
1. Place pork rinds into Mixer or blender
2. Blend 5 seconds / speed 6 * Alternatively crush with a rolling pin in a bag
3. Empty into large bowl
4. Place cheese into Mixer (or hand grate)
5. Grate 5 seconds / speed 7
6. Add chicken and egg to Mixer or blender
7. Blend 30 seconds / speed 9
8. Empty chicken mix into separate bowl
Whisk all your egg wash ingredients together and have in yet another bowl, lol
Take your chicken mixture and divide into “handful size” balls, mine was 5 out of this mixture
Shape into a ball
Place between a split sealing sandwich bag, and only half press in a tortilla press.
* Don’t have a tortilla press...dont worry roll into a ball, place between your split sandwich bag, and gently press with a plate. I really mean gently.
You want the disc to be thicker than most plates but not too thick
Now baste it in your egg wash on one side, gently flip and baste on other side
Now, sprinkle with pork rinds, press rinds in firmly, and repeat other side.
Remove disc and place on a sheet of baking paper, place a small object to wedge between the disc and and fold in half, “taco shape” and place in freezer for 10 minutes. I used my ice block moulds, but anything that can stop the two sides form touching without making your shell too wide is great.
Place in freezer and freeze until firm taco shape (approximately 1-2 hours)
Heat your oil to boiling and place your half moons in separately. To maintain your taco shape just use tongs to push the breast slightly into shape and you will end up with the same result as me. It isn’t scary or hard.
In fact this is extremely easy process to end up with an amazing looking taco!
I have simply filled these suckers with a basic pico de gallo, and guacamole. With the addition of a bit of lettuce and sour cream. You can fill them with whatever you want! Just don't forget your favourite hot sauce.
Even a fabulous chile con carne would be amazing with these, and dipping into a chile con queso.
And lastly please please please share and tag me on your Insta, FB, whatever. You can see more on FB @ lowcarbmixers and more on my Insta too. I want to see loads of these Tacos everywhere.
• Compliant Pork Rinds can be order through www.poppaporkys.com.au
NUTRITIONAL INFO NOTE
• I have calculated the Nutritional Label as raw and unfilled. As you can fill this with whatever that will change the outcome, and of course using different fats, and temperatures would affect the absorbency of added fats. There is definitely more fat in the “Naked Taco” but the average Net Carbs are still are still incredibly low at only 0.55 grams.