A genius nut free Keto Protein Flour Fathead that is seriously amazing!
I cannot believe how easy, great tasting and low carb this fathead dough is. The use of the Protein Flour is perfect for being able to create a nut free alternative to fathead that works just the same. I am going to guess that this special ingredient may cause a little bit of chatter and possibly controversy. If you know me now, you know I do like to try a lot of different ingredients and recipes that stray far from the norm.
Recently I came across a video of someone making the flour on a Facebook group and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to try it and test it out in recipes. My team of testers were immediately as interested as I was and all results have proven that this is an easy swap for almond meal in many recipes.
We are still actively testing various versions of the Keto Protein Flour. This week we will be trialling a pre-cooked version and a seasoned flour. As a keto flour though it is totally brilliant with macros of zero carb, high protein and moderate fat this will help keep many of you happy in the kitchen.
Fathead itself is just so versatile, but by swapping out the almond meal for the protein powder this can also satisfy the carnivore diet, low allergen diets and is perfect for making foods suitable for school lunchboxes. The protein flour is suitable to be used in all fathead recipes where the dough is rolled thinly and baked or fried.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 170 g grated mozzarella
- 175 g protein flour click link for recipe
- 30 g cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Mix grated cheese, protein flour and cream cheese in a large glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Add egg and salt and combine well.
- Turn out dough onto prepared work surface and knead until uniform.
- Fathead dough can be used in various applications including pizza bases, bagels, pretzels, scrolls, and as a pastry alternative.
- Recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen.