These Simple Keto Soft Taco shells are one of the easiest recipes.
After playing with so many egg and cream cheese combinations creating the egg fast recipes this was an easy stretch of my imagination.
They keto soft taco breads are really soft and malleable. They aren’t laded with psyllium for those of you who are sensitive, and these are really low carb. What also is just fabulous is that they allow all the flavours of your tacos shine through as the flavour is very neutral.
I have used these keto soft taco breads for basic chicken salad wraps, my awesome Fish Tacos, and even with butter and Vegemite as a pinwheel (soooo good)
These keto soft tacos have also been tested with an Aldi Roti maker. It is best to set the temp about half way and cook for just a couple of minutes until just starting to go golden.
How to Make the Keto Soft Taco
- Mix your batter until it is very smooth
- Preheat your oven to 200℃ fan-forced.
- Line 2- 3 baking trays with non stick baking paper
- Spread 3/4 of a dessert spoon of mixture almost paper thin on baking paper. (see images)
- Do this with all the mixture.
- Bake in oven 5-7 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Cool on trays. Tacos will be super soft and malleable.
- Soft keto taco shells can be frozen and stored in an airtight ziplock bag for your convenience.
If you haven’t joined the Keto Club to get access to the meal plans then you can check out all about it here>>
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Prepare 2 trays with baking paper
- Mix all ingredients 15 seconds/speed 9. Scrape and repeat
- Scrape into bowl with spatula and mix to a smooth paste
- Follow instructions from step 3 below
- Mix all ingredients in a blender, food processor or hand mixer until well blended
- Leave mix 5 minutes and it will thicken to a paste.
- Spoon 3/4 dessert spoons of mixture onto paper and spread out into a very thin round of paste. Do this with all the mixture and then cook for 5-6 minutes in the oven. Remove and cool.
- These refrigerate and freeze well.
- This recipe is suitable to make ahead and store taco shells up to 5 days in the fridge
- Tortillas can be stored in freezer.
- For additional flavours you can add your own herbs and spices
- The mixture is spread on really thin. Use a good baking paper for easy peel off.