I am a self proclaimed sugar free caramel queen. This version I would easily say is the best keto caramel recipe I have made to date!
If you have noticed I do have a bit of love for caramel. I use it in so many ways in my cooking both sweet and savoury. This recipe is my version of a keto dulce de leche. With the addition of Sukrin Gold, in the form of sweetener and fibre syrup, this recipe is a one pot condensed milk and caramel recipe.
Sugar-free Caramel Ingredients
In Australia our choices are slim when it comes to brown sugar or golden syrup substitutes. To be honest Sukrin Australia has been a godsend for my baking and keto confectionary. As for substitutes currently for this particular recipe the Sukrin Gold syrup has no substitutes. For our Northern Hemisphere neighbours you can use products like Vita Fibre Syrup, Fibre Yum or Choc Zero Caramel Syrup.
Salt Flakes – salt is important to a caramel, it helps thicken it. I use a couple of big pinches of salt flakes. It is worth noting that iodised salt is far more concentrated than salt flakes so use less if that is all you have.
Butter – use grass fed local butter that is salted. Again that salt helps give the caramel a thick delicious consistency.
How to make Sugar-free Caramel
Below is a video to see how I make it in the Thermomix® which is as simple as all the ingredients into the bowl and cook. For those of you without a Thermomix® you can just as easily make this on the stove. Whisk all the ingredients over medium heat until the caramel thickens.
More Sugar Free Caramel Recipes
If you love keto caramel nearly as much as me then you might also love the below keto dessert recipes. Following the keto diet does not ever mean missing out, especially with my recipes lol.
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Slice | Sugar Free
- White Chocolate Keto Snickers Bar – sugar free
- Sugar Free Keto From – Mars Bar recipe
- Caramel Keto Vanilla Custard Slice
- Mad Creations Sukrin Recipes
Watch me make Sugar free Keto Caramel
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 110 g sugar free nut butter (1/2 cup) I use roasted peanut butter
- 110 g Sukrin Gold sweetener (1/2 cup)
- 100 g sweetener of choice(1/2 cup) I use Sukrin:1
- 80 g Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup (0.4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 120 g butter (1/2 cup) cubed
- 50 g whey protein isolate (0.45 cup) I use Isopure
- 2 pinches salt flakes
- 100 g thickened or heavy cream (0.4 cup)
- Add all ingredients to saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened. Keep an eye on it and whisk regularly.
- Add all ingredients to Thermomix® and cook 22 minutes/90℃/speed 3. Caramel will continue to thicken after cooking.
- Use in any recipe you wish. Swirl through ice cream, add to a tart or slice.
Want more recipes for the keto diet? Check out our store packed full of keto cookbooks. Check out our cookbooks