You should have some of my Authentic Mexican Keto Fresh Chorizo ready to be used in your fridge each week.
Unlike the dried variety of chorizo, this fresh beautifully spiced chorizo is amazing in so many dishes and I am sure once you try it you will be making kebabs, meatballs, fried chorizo tacos, huevos rancheros and so much more.
It is the spices and a good mix of fat and pork that makes the perfect chorizo. You can use any protein you wish, but please ensure it has a good balance of fats and a healthy dose of spices.
I have been making my own fresh chorizo and many other Mexican dishes for more years than I care to count. It is by far my favourite kind of food, and this recipe is very much part of my repertoire.
Let me see your creations on Facebook, or tell me below how much you loved this recipe.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 3 dried guajillos or ancho chillies
- 20 g achiote paste or ground annatto seeds
- 10 g salt
- 10 g cumin
- 10 g coriander
- 10 g smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Mexican dried oregano
- 600 g pork scotch minced or get your butcher to do this for you
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 g brown onion
- 10 g apple cider vinegar
optional kebab sticks
- Add all seasonings and guajillo to bowl and cook 2 minutes / 115 ℃ / reverse soft
- Add garlic, onion, and apple cider vinegar, cook 4 minutes / 115℃ / reverse soft
- Blend 10 seconds / speed 5.
- Empty into large bowl with pork mince, hand mix until all spices are blended in.
- Leave for minimum 2 hours or overnight to develop the flavour.
- Blend or grate dried guajillos until it is a fine powder.
- Add your chilli powder, achiote, salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, and oregano to a dry frypan.
- Over medium heat , dry fry until fragrant, remove immediately and place in large bowl. Chop garlic finely and add with rest of ingredients to bowl.
- Mix well with your hands until all the seasonings are mixed through your mince.