The Best Ever Keto Chicken Nachos really does live up to its title. A simple delicious and nutritious keto recipe!
I love an easy recipe. One I can quickly toss together (literally) throw into an oven and just wait for it to be ready. This is exactly what this keto chicken nachos dish is. If you are anything like me you will love the simplicity and fresh flavours that Mexican food offers. With a little bit of spice, heat, yummy avocado or guacamole, and a bit of acid what is not to love.
What is Keto Chicken Nachos without Tortilla Chips?
Recently I discovered the fabulous Quest Tortilla Chips. I always toss a carton in my iHerb order. I have to say though I find it odd that I am a huge lover of the Nacho Cheese flavour when before keto I never ate any flavours, I always just liked my corn chips plain. The Quest chips have a great texture work perfect in this dish without having to make your own, and just save a bit of time when making your chicken nachos. I have included a link to my keto tortillas that can also be cut into corn chips and either baked or fried into crispy “corn” chips.
How to make The Best Ever Chicken Nachos
These really are easy!
- Season that chicken up! I use a pretty standard Mexican blend but you can add a lot of depth in flavour to your keto nachos with many of the Mexican chillies. Personally a big fan of guajillo and chipotles (in form) but you could also throw in some superhots just to know you are still alive!
- No need to marinate but you can prepare ahead the day before if you wish.
- If you are going to make your own Tortilla Chips do so the day before so it is easier. Even better make a double batch of Tortillas and freeze for future meals and use like the Best Ever Enchiladas or Lahmacun.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. I like my chicken a little on the crispy side so sometimes depending on the size of my dice I leave it a little longer.
- Serve with all your favourite toppings including lemon or lime wedges and plenty of fresh coriander.
Want more Best Ever recipes?
Then check out these recipes too
- Best Ever Enchilada Sauce
- Best Ever Chicken Enchiladas
- Best Ever Cauliflower Wraps
- Best Ever Chocolate Mousse
- Best Ever Keto Bread
- Best Cracker Recipe
If you think these really are the ‘best ever chicken nachos” then give us a comment below of how yours turned out or whether you think this recipe is worth all that effort, lol.
From my kitchen to yours!
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chipotles in adobo
- 6 chicken thigh fillets diced into 3 cm cubes
- 150 g pumpkin diced into 3 cm cubes
- 1/4 onion diced
- 10 kalamata olive pitted and halved
- 1 to mato diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 jalapéno sliced
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a large tray with baking powder.
- Mix all dry spices together in a large bowl.
- Toss chicken, onion and pumpkin in spices and then mix through chipotles in adobo.
- Scatter mixture onto baking tray and bake 30-40 minutes, turning half way.
- Meanwhile, mix avocado and garlic together.
- Heat Best Ever Enchilada sauce on stove, Thermomix, or microwave until warm.
- Serve nacho mix with toppings and Protein Chips.