Our 3 ingredient Keto Paleo Marshmallows are super simple to make with ingredients easily sourced from your local supermarket.
I really wanted to make a marshmallow that is not too sweet and is a better “sweet” option than many of the keto candy bars or low carb protein bars that are on the market. These really do hit the spot.
Read on for just a few flavour variations and some specific notes on thee few ingredients actually used.
There may only be a few ingredients in these keto paleo marshmallows but there are a just a few things to note when making them.
- Monkfruit/Stevia – I use Raw Earth Monk Stevia blend that is available in the sweetener section at most supermarkets. Honestly you can choose any sweetener to make these. I have also used Sukrin Melis and will definitely use the new Sukrin Monk Fruit in these as well. These are not overly sweet as I didn’t want to even attempt to make them the same as the original.
- Gelatin – I use Great Lakes Gelatin. Our testers have tested them with McCormicks, your standard supermarket issue. It still works in our keto marshmallows, but you may get a little separation in the mallow mixture. This does not affect the flavour in any way but may just look a little clear in some areas. Otherwise Great Lakes does not separate in the recipe at all. Another great gelatin option that is a little more budget-friendly is NutraOrganics Gelatin.
- Vanilla extract or seeds – this purely optional but adds a nice flavour to the marshmallows.
Flavourings for Keto Paleo Marshmallows
Vanilla is delicious but here are just a few more ideas to flavour your 3 ingredient marshmallows.
- A few drops of essential oil or your favourite extracts can make a huge flavour boost to this simple recipe. It is best to add after whipping the marshmallow. Fold through and adjust according to taste.
- Add 2 tbsp cocoa powder for a chocolate marshmallow.
- Flavoured MCT powders or flavoured whey protein powders can also offer a healthy boost of flavour. Pick your favourites. My absolute favourite is Temple Nutrition Salted Caramel Collagen…. so good!
- For some fun colours add a little natural food colourings to make them more playful.
How to Make Keto Marshmallows
3 ingredients and very simple to make as well. In fact I think these sugar free keto marshmallows are easier than the real thing.
Over the medium heat stir or whisk the sweetener in half the water until it is completely dissolved.
In a small bowl or glass combine gelatin and remaining water. Spoon into saucepan with the sweetener and continue to stir over moderate heat until dissolved; around 3 minutes.
Pour the mix into a stand mixer or a large bowl and use a hand mixer to whip the mixture for a good 10+ minutes. It will take a while to get all fluffy but trust me it will work. Mix through any flavours of choice.
Transfer to a silicone mould or clingfilm lined slice tray and freeze until the marshmallows will easily pop out. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days. Marshmallows can be frozen as well just keep in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
Love Tasty Keto Small Bites?
Here are just a few of my favourite sweets in bite size
- Easy Keto Lemon Bliss Balls – Fat Bomb
- Keto Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Keto Lemon Bars
- 3 Ingredient Keto Coffee Jellies
- Chocolate Berry Marshmallow Bites | Keto
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat dissolve sweetener in half of the water.
- Add gelatin to remaining water and stir to combine. Add to saucepan and whisk to dissolve.
- Once gelatin has dissolved pour mixture into a mixer and mix on high speed until light and fluffy. This will take about 10-12 minutes depending on mixer.
- Pour into silicone mould (or slice tray) and freeze for 30 minutes or until they can easily be removed from silicone moulds.
- Keep stored in the fridge.
- Add all ingredients mixing bowl. Heat 4 minutes/100°C/speed 1.
- Insert Butterfly. Mix 12 minutes/speed 4. Pour into silicone mould (or slice tray) and freeze for 30 minutes or until they can easily be removed from silicone moulds.
- Keep stored in the fridge.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. Or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Sugar free marshmallows can be lightly toasted and made oozy with a butane torch.
- Use as a tasty sweet marshmallow for hot chocolate, a low carb sweet snack, or in your favourite slices or treats.
Love Keto cookbooks and recipes? Check out our huge library in store today!