This is where it all began! My first Keto conversion project, The Keto Clubhouse Burger!
I mean I have made plenty of recipes beforehand that would have been keto but just not trying. See this recipe was created mainly for another low carb blogger well before I even changed to this lifestyle myself.
I had just posted a recipe for a “Big Mac” style burger with my awesome Big Mac “hacked” sauce and was contacted to share it thinking it was all low carb enough for a feature. Well it did need a little cleaning up, in the carb department, and the Clubhouse was born.
The Big Sexy Sauce
Oh and that sauce? There are plenty of Big Mac sauces everywhere on the internet. This is my version to reduce the sugar and boost the deliciousness of the sauce. Why “The Big Sexy” name, I hear you ask.
Well, the original version of this burger was named “The Big Sexy” as a tip of the hat to the Big Mac and a little play on wrestler Kevin Nash. In fact I first called it the Kevin Nash burger, but I that might be to cryptic for those who don’t know the wrestler at all
The Cauli- Buns are amazing, and double well for toast for breakfast. These were originally made with lupin flakes which are are perfectly good for a low carb lifestyle and keto baking however if you are allergic to peanuts then you need to keep them far from you as they are a legume. These buns are ridiculously simple to make and are perfect for toast, a crumpet, or cheese toastie. Slather on some butter and vegemite and you will be so happy!
You can stuff your burger with whatever you want, but I did sneak a bit of cream cheese and jalapeños in mine.
Anyway….here you go enjoy!
The Big Sexy Sauce Sugar Free Version
- 110 g sugar free mayonnaise you can make this
- 20 g dill cucumbers finely diced
- 25 g Australian mustard or yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 600 g grass fed beef mince
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp jalapeños diced
- 3 slice American cheese
- Sliced tomato and lettuce
- 6 Cauli - Bun halves
The Big Sexy Sauce
- Mix all ingredients in mixer or blender 5 seconds / speed 4
- Scrape down sides of bowl, and repeat
- Reserve in small bowl
- Season your beef and roll into 3 x 200 g patty balls
- Push into the centre to make a large dimple in each patty
- Mix cream cheese and jalapeños and place 1 tbsp inside each of the beef burger patties
- Close your patty, flatten only slightly
- Cook beef patties on grill or barbecue, to desired doneness
- Assemble burger with lashings of that "Sexy Sauce" on each cauli- bun, prepared as instructed
- Top with beef, cheese, tomato and lettuce
- This could also be done in smaller version as sliders, or even just an open faced burger with only one bun