I love Okonomiyaki! Keto Okonomiyaki even more!
Seriously whether you do a vegetarian one, or one with thinly slinky sliced pork belly, bacon, whatever, it just tastes totally yum.
This recipe is easily made vegetarian, by leaving out your bacon lardons, and it still tastes amaze-balls.
Making it LCHF was easy, and seeing I have no bakers flour, as I am de-carbing my pantry, it was a no brainer.
If you are not worried about gluten you can use plain flour, or there is even special okonomiyaki flour to use.
Easily made for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Okonomiyaki, will please at any time of the day.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 250 g green cabbage
- 2 spring onion sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- 70 g cream cheese
- 80 g almond flour
- 1 tbsp Dashi powder
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks
- 100 g bacon lardons cooked until crispy
- 80 g grated cheese or haloumi this is optional if you want to add more fat, and cheesey goodness
- butter or coconut oil to fry
- Keto Mayonnaise
- 1 - 2 tbsp Okonomi Sauce
- Place your cabbage into Thermocooker
- Chop 3 seconds / speed 4
- Scrap sides of bowl
- Add rest of Pancake ingredients, except bacon
- Mix 10 seconds / reverse / speed 4
- Scrape into a medium glass bowl, and fold through bacon
- Your mix should not be wet, but should come together, if it needs more flour, or egg, add this now, as the almond flour is always different in its absorbency
- Fry in preheated fry pan in oil or butter, in large patties, turning after a few minutes, and cooking until golden.
- Serve drizzled with your mayo, and okonomi sauce